Canon 5D MK I 'classic' - owners thread

Ok people sorry for the time it's been but just Been asked about the DVD for 5D classic yes I still have the next user
I

Last person..........................Next person

Bloodruner...............................Bowz

Last edited:
My radio trigger has given up the go, anyone recomend one that can do both single shot and timer/mutli burst etc.

I had a Pixel RW-221/S1 Wireless Shutter Remote.

I need it quite soon (preferably one I can get on Amazon).

Looking at a possible: Hahnel Giga T Pro II

Cheers

Last edited:
OK DVD for 5Dc is available to move on, disc 2 is looking very dodgy, So i will copy and replicate both discs and include them for future viewers. Just let me know who wants it next :)

OK DVD for 5Dc is available to move on, disc 2 is looking very dodgy, So i will copy and replicate both discs and include them for future viewers. Just let me know who wants it next :)

Yes please I'll pm address!

LOL is the DVD still doing the rounds ? I never did get it :( I've still got my 5DC can't bear to part with it, I recently bought a 5D mk3 and its a fantastic camera, but to be honest I think the output from the 5DC is much nicer, I was trawling thru my Aperture library last weekend and most of my best shots were taken with my 5DC, for £300 to £400 I think its probably the best value camera around.

Yes, I was very happy with the IQ of my 5D and when fitted with a Sigma 50 or 85mm f1.4 I really counldn't ask for better IQ all the way up to and including ISO 3200. For the price I think they're pretty much unbeatable.

For value for money though I think I'd pick a Panasonic G1 and a couple of legacy primes, maybe 28mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.8. That set up would cost just over £100.

Last edited:
I've got a 5d which I absolutely love using but it has a scratch on the sensor. I can get rid of it in photoshop although this is a bit of a pain. My question is, is it worth getting the sensor replaced or would the cost mean I would be better off just to buy another 5D as the are so cheap these days ??

I've got a 5d which I absolutely love using but it has a scratch on the sensor. I can get rid of it in photoshop although this is a bit of a pain. My question is, is it worth getting the sensor replaced or would the cost mean I would be better off just to buy another 5D as the are so cheap these days ??

Would have though it would be considerably cheaper to buy a good condition used unit (mine was mint, mirror replaced, £350, ebay, although shutter recently replaced at a cost of £200).

I've seen many pictures of 5Ds for sale, but all of them had black flash shoes. Mine doesn't have that, it's chrome, like with all current Canon cameras.

It's one of the last ones produced and sold to the first owner in 2008. Who has also a non black flash shoes on her or his 5D?

I've seen many pictures of 5Ds for sale, but all of them had black flash shoes. Mine doesn't have that, it's chrome, like with all current Canon cameras.

It's one of the last ones produced and sold to the first owner in 2008. Who has also a non black flash shoes on her or his 5D?

Perhaps it was a replaced part, mine is a 2008 model and that has the black finish

NeilA1975
Could I have the dvd nxt plz

Could i have the dvd when Graham has finished with it please :)

Many thanks Graham

I have these dvd's now, cheers Graham, if anyone wants them pm me please.

Has anyone tested the optimal ISO settings on this camera? I completed some testing at the weekend, ISO 50 is by far the cleanest but unsure of how to check the DR of this setting.
Other than that ISO 100,200,400 and 800 were all excellent. 200 appeared cleaner than 125 and 160, 400 cleaner than 250 and 320, 800 cleaner than 500 and 640, 800 upwards noise increases substantially, as expected.

Has anyone tested the optimal ISO settings on this camera?

Undoubtedly, but I haven't ever bothered, 99% of the time I keep to 400 as a maximum and more often than not stick to 100

Mine has the chrome shoe. Purchased new, by me, in early september 2008.
Great, so they really delivered some without the black finish. Already thought it has been done by a previous owner, thanks.

Hi all

Has anyone used a non canon angle finder with the camera? Recommendations are welcome

John

I have the Seagull version, used very rarely, but does the job

Well I sold my 5D1 at the end of last year
... I knew I'd regret it and now on the look out for buying in again :D still got my Sigma 24-70 2.8 hsm so going to be good :D

Trying to think of another lens to go with, thinking along the 85 1.8, anyone got shots taken with that?

Hi im looking to go FF, i'm into portraits, would the 5D still be a good choice given its age, or would i be better saving more for the 5DII.

Hi im looking to go FF, i'm into portraits, would the 5D still be a good choice given its age, or would i be better saving more for the 5DII.

The 5D is capable of outstanding image quality.

When looking at 5D v 5DII I'd be asking myself what the 5DII brings to justify the cost...
- Better focus system? That didn't matter to me.
- Higher MP count? I never thought that 12mp wasn't enough.
What else? I dunno...

When looking at two A3 prints or even when pixel peeping can you tell the difference between 5D and 5DII images?

Keep thinking of selling up the 5Dx. Haven't used it in a little while as my XP1 and film obsession has kind of taken over. However looking at the images on here and the stuff I have taken with it, I don't think I can bring myself to especially with how much I would probably get for it

Do they have a screen recall on them at all? Canon tech called up from canon rcc yesterday and said he was also replacing our rear screen as well as it "Wasn't up to standard" free of charge. All fixed and just got my tracking number so should have it back tomorrow.

Back