canon 5d mkii card formating problems

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I have just bought a canon 5d mkii and am using some old cards until my 16GB turns up.

I have 2 x 512mb and 1 x 256 all work fine. I thought I'd be smart and bought a SD - CF convertor (as I also have a 450d)

I gave me the message that it could not format the card and so I just thought it was not compatible. Now all my existing cards that did work don't. They give me the message that the cards are not formatted and I should use the camera to format. This I did and it told me to use another card.

I have tried formatting the card in a PC and no luck

Can anyopne give me any advise?

thanks in advance - John.

How have you tried formatting the cards in the computer. From memory ( and I am willing to admit I could be wrong) most cards require FAT16 formatting. If the computer has formatted the cards it could be FAT32 or NTFS. However the camera should correct this.

Try reformatting as FAT 16 on the computer then see if the camera will format them then .

I'd put the SD-CF converter to one side for the time being just in case that's a problem.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Called Canon - looks like its either bent pins or a firmware issue. Going back tot he retailer tomorrow.

Thanks again - John.

Back