Canon 7D mark II, video by Scott Kelby

The specs sound good, but then they should be as Canon has been working on this for ages! Hopefully they will have some at Photokina to look at.

Built in time lapse features and exposures longer than 30 seconds. No more being stuffed when I forget the shutter release cable!

Improved autofocus over the 7D (which was already very good).

Impressed with the customisable view finder.

2 card slots!

Same batteries as Canon 7D...

Above are the most important features for me on the new body. Seriously considering.

As a Nikon wildlife shooter, I'm getting itchy feet. But before I did anything drastic I'd need to spend some time with one (and some lenses) which unless you are willing spend a fortune on rentals isn't really easy to do.

Sounds really good
the same battery as the 7D is a nice touch:)

How long does it normally take between announcements and full reviews for new Canon bodies? Have been planning an upgrade to the 5D from my 7D but might be swayed depending on noise on higher ISOs? Wonder what price this will be at HDEW with the 5D now below £1.7k there...

Will wait for Canon to do their usual free grip offer a few months after release and then jump in. Given the high ISO range I'm hoping the low light performance has improved a fair bit over the original 7D .... unless it's just marketing hype.

Will wait for Canon to do their usual free grip offer a few months after release and then jump in. Given the high ISO range I'm hoping the low light performance has improved a fair bit over the original 7D .... unless it's just marketing hype.

:agree: Wonder what the true ISO value will be... I will be getting one if its good.

ISO performance for me is the only consideration now

AF and 2fps are not worth the extra £1000 over a 7d unless the ISO bump is good.

If its pretty much the same, I cant say £1000 for the AF and 2 extra fps is worth it I dont think

Pete

I hope this prompts Nikon to smarten their act up and release a similar spec dx body, this looks a superb camera and if it's as good as it's features suggest I'd be very happy as a canon wildlife photographer at the mo! I'll wait and see what Nikon does in response but I'd consider switching systems for this one.

I hope this prompts Nikon to smarten their act up and release a similar spec dx body, this looks a superb camera and if it's as good as it's features suggest I'd be very happy as a canon wildlife photographer at the mo! I'll wait and see what Nikon does in response but I'd consider switching systems for this one.
I'm in the same boat, been waiting for the mythical D400 for ever. If this is a good as it looks I may consider switiching brands.

Does anyone know who the 7D handles low light situations compared to the 6D?

Back