Bargain Canon EOS M 18MP Compact System Camera with 18-55mm Lens £199.95

You should have a Euro lead for the charger in the box, Steve.

Will check that later Dave

Was thinking of a 3rd party smaller one if possible.

Anything to lighten the load helps. The charger is at the top of my check list.

The other option is just take the original in the backpack. I shall miss the days of pouriing a wheelbarrow of kit in the car..... I thinm this lot will be lighter than my Zenit B, 55mm and 200mm lenses, ext tubes, film, light meter, box of Rowntrees fruit pastilles etc from the 70s....

S

Can everyone stop talking about the how good and how cheap the 22mm lens is. The credit card has gone into hiding and you are not helping ;)

I feel your pain....

Mine's coming Friday.

Big typo earlier

I meant to put 55-200mm zoom telepjoto as my desired next M lens......

Wonder if SWMBO will find my post it notes all round the house.... 17 DAYS

till my Birthday.....

"Only" £316 @ WEX......

Last edited:
Thanks - as long as the build quality and tolerances are ok, I can't imagine it does much other than pass through connections to a different mount. Will be interested to hear how you get on!

Looks like mine might not be here as soon as I expected, it would appear the seller tried to post it in a normal envelope, because all I've received is an empty envelope with a box size hole in one side, all inside a "sorry we damaged your parcel" plastic bag from RM :(.

16jjyj8.jpg

rs7lt0.jpg

How stupid can a person be to stick a cardboard box into a paper envelope and expect it to get through the Royal Mail unscathed?

Can everyone stop talking about the how good and how cheap the 22mm lens is. The credit card has gone into hiding and you are not helping ;)

Hmmm.........in the same boat here, just got the Canon adapter but think I need to have a play with one of these

Oh Dave that must have been a crap moment realising that! Will they reimburse you the money?

Oh Dave that must have been a crap moment realising that! Will they reimburse you the money?

Fortunately bought on eBay and paid with Paypal, so if the retailer gets stroppy it'll be resolved as a SNAD. I didn't pay for an empty envelope.

I have no sympathy in this case, trying to save pennies by not using any packaging, or even a padded envelope is just stupid on his part.

Last edited:
Chances are if they've skimped on the packaging they've skimped on insurance for the item too. Real shame though

In other news, collected my camera and lens combo from Argos last night. Initial impressions are really good, i'd read about focus and operating speed issues but i take it the firmware has sorted that as i'm happy with both :) I like the touchscreen too, i didn't think i would but I really get on with it. Build quality is much better than i was expecting, feels like a solid little thing which is nice, it feels more solid than it looks on pictures i reckon. Trying desperately to not order the 22mm but i've already spent more than i should a week before going on holiday :LOL:

Last edited:
In other news, collected my camera and lens combo from Argos last night. Initial impressions are really good, i'd read about focus and operating speed issues but i take it the firmware has sorted that as i'm happy with both :) I like the touchscreen too, i didn't think i would but I really get on with it. Build quality is much better than i was expecting, feels like a solid little thing which is nice, it feels more solid than it looks on pictures i reckon. Trying desperately to not order the 22mm but i've already spent more than i should a week before going on holiday :LOL:

I succumbed and ordered the 22mm

Ordered Yesterday - Delivery Friday... <£80 UK stock

Amazon WEX etc £195.........

I thought about it before ordering a 22mm, I recon someone has bought a job lot of end of line Eos M kits and is splitting them up to maximise profits, this won't last at this price so I ordered one, glad I did, marvelous little lens.

Good thinking - my credit card is twitching. One more post like this and it will push me over the edge into buying one ;)

Looks like mine might not be here as soon as I expected, it would appear the seller tried to post it in a normal envelope, because all I've received is an empty envelope with a box size hole in one side, all inside a "sorry we damaged your parcel" plastic bag from RM :(.

16jjyj8.jpg

rs7lt0.jpg

How stupid can a person be to stick a cardboard box into a paper envelope and expect it to get through the Royal Mail unscathed?

:banghead: Somebody did that to me once with an i pad,and when got it their were some fault,i asked to sent it back for a refund,and the cheeky sod said they only except back if i returned it all packed up in an proper box :mad:

I've had one reserved at my local Argos, am spilt 50/50 as to buy it ! Already have a Fuji X-A1, and want to either get the 27mm 2.8 (£250) or buy the M and get a 22mm (£275 in total) ! Or have both ! Eek

I've had one reserved at my local Argos, am spilt 50/50 as to buy it ! Already have a Fuji X-A1, and want to either get the 27mm 2.8 (£250) or buy the M and get a 22mm (£275 in total) ! Or have both ! Eek

Does seem a good price,but i would stick with one system :)

True, though I do have some ef lenses ! :).. also got the fuji tele lens coming (free) anytime soon ! :)

I sent the A1 back and got this, was impressed with the A1 but £ for £ the EOS M was the best choice for me considering that with the adapter I could use my existing ef /ef-S lenses, also like the option of the intervalometer via ML

Canon adapter going in the Canon Classified's section for a good price

I've already put an offer in, fingers crossed!

A few have cropped up on ebay for just over £60 for brand new UK stock. I need to save more than a tenner to make it worthwhile going 2nd hand.

So you should be.....I'll be crying for days after losing out on that deal!! :ROFLMAO:

Truth be told, that the 3rd one I've missed in as many days (for as low as £35!).....it's only a matter of time till I get one for my budget!! ;)

This was a better option for me as I don't shop on eBay .

22mm pancake arrived spot on 10am this morning

Fantastic little lens (and it is bright and very fast).

So been out this afternoon with a few ef-s lens and the adaptor.

So much fun!!!

I have a new favourite combination

EOS M + adaptor

+ EF-S 18-135mm

Nice balance and super quick focussing

The 22mm pancake is great. No noise and v accurate focussing

Good luck to all adoptees. The EOS M just slots into my kit bag and is good enough to be my second body

Steve

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it Steve, the 22mm is a little diamond.

Another lens that works well with the adapter is the 55-250IS, have you tried one yet?

I'm still waiting for my adapter, one of the perils of dealing with Chinese retailers (and the subsequent language barrier), I've been asked to "please send back faulty empty adapter" today :mad:.

That's after telling him 3 times that the envelope arrived empty and even sending photos of the damaged envelope and Royal Mail confirmation of the lost item :banghead:.

I can see it being escalated to a claim with eBay shortly...

I'm glad you like it Steve, the 22mm is a little diamond.

Another lens that works well with the adapter is the 55-250IS, have you tried one yet?

I'm still waiting for my adapter, one of the perils of dealing with Chinese retailers (and the subsequent language barrier), I've been asked to "please send back faulty empty adapter" today :mad:.

That's after telling him 3 times that the envelope arrived empty and even sending photos of the damaged envelope and Royal Mail confirmation of the lost item :banghead:.

I can see it being escalated to a claim with eBay shortly...

Dave

Adaptor came from Manchester and was in a shoe box sized package with 5 layers of bubble wrap and so well taped up I had to use a craft knige on it! Total opposite to your "paclage".

Yes tried 55-250. Worked really well. A Mk 1 but quick. The 18-135 is the latest IS STM version and is so comfottable I doubt it will go back on my 50D! Witht the tripod mount fitted the set up was good in the palm and focussing was smooth and easy.

Was thimking, you have a 17-40 if I remember; might be an interesting combo with your M! Monopod stylee!

The results with the 55-250 were so good I am tempted to use my credit card for the EF-M 55-200 IS STM fpr my European trip through Septrmber...

Amyway Am off to the Gower tomotrow for family and photography. Still getting used to the M so practice practice practice.

This time my EF-S 10-22 is gping with me to Rhosili....

Hope your adaptor issue gets sorted soonest

Regards

Steve

Dave

Adaptor came from Manchester and was in a shoe box sized package with 5 layers of bubble wrap and so well taped up I had to use a craft knige on it! Total opposite to your "paclage".

Yes tried 55-250. Worked really well. A Mk 1 but quick. The 18-135 is the latest IS STM version and is so comfottable I doubt it will go back on my 50D! Witht the tripod mount fitted the set up was good in the palm and focussing was smooth and easy.

Was thimking, you have a 17-40 if I remember; might be an interesting combo with your M! Monopod stylee!

The results with the 55-250 were so good I am tempted to use my credit card for the EF-M 55-200 IS STM fpr my European trip through Septrmber...

Amyway Am off to the Gower tomotrow for family and photography. Still getting used to the M so practice practice practice.

This time my EF-S 10-22 is gping with me to Rhosili....

Hope your adaptor issue gets sorted soonest

Regards

Steve

Steve I just received likewise, can you confirm if the ebay seller was podmantech_uk

Thanks

Tony

Last edited:
Steve I just received likewise, can you confirm if the ebay seller was podmantech_uk

Thanks

Tony

Tony

Yes

As advised by Dave and his experiences with this seller.

Have you had time tk try all out yet?

Easy for me as I am essentially 85% retired so only do commissions I want to do and researching for a book I am writing!

Steve

No not had time yet,

Was a bit confused as in the listing says the item location is Slough, and I got an email on the 7th to say item has been sent 2nd class signed for and got a tracking RM tracking number. Anyway yesterday postman just leaves a parcel on the doorstep which is just normal 1st class and inside is the adapter. At the time of ordering I also ordered the 22mm from another seller so I thought this seller had sent my the wrong item.

No not had time yet,

Was a bit confused as in the listing says the item location is Slough, and I got an email on the 7th to say item has been sent 2nd class signed for and got a tracking RM tracking number. Anyway yesterday postman just leaves a parcel on the doorstep which is just normal 1st class and inside is the adapter. At the time of ordering I also ordered the 22mm from another seller so I thought this seller had sent my the wrong item.

Both my items came from Manchester! Both very well packed.

Originally I was offered the adaptor from a friend but in the viewing it lacked the tripod collar and he had no idea where it was.

The sellers are Chinese but stock is in the UK. An iteration on "Grey" perhaps and "layers" of stock location perhaps hiding/protecting stock from seizure. Onion traders?

Anyway all is fine and working and I will be out in the beautiful Gower soon carrying a lighter load!

Steve

Makes a nice little walk around :)

A couple of Kg's lightee BUT does it work or will you just set it on P and frighten people with it's length and girth?

The biggest small one in town!

Hmmm, I really don't need another camera but have been considering one of these. I've found stock so reserved one at a local argos and there's a £10 voucher being chucked in free between the 20-30th August.

Been having a super time with my M went on Holiday on the south coast and got some cracking shots of the Sussex downs, some in low light too off Beachy head
Seriously tempted by the 22mm fast Lens everyones talking about!

On my European tour since Sunday

Bruges yesterday and on way into Brussels now.

Took my M Kit but so far the 22mm pancake has not come off the camera. Brilliant little lems. Very high IQ and very stable for our evening walk.

Got mine from UK ebay seller for <£70 delivered (£195 on Amazon). Very pleased with it.

Go for it. Nice fast lens!

Also can recommend ExPro LP-12 white non-OEM batteries. Only 900 mAh but still showing full after 300 shots. Got 2 off Amazon for <£20.

Steve

Back