Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Good for you. I've just bought the 22mm on e bay from a supplier who did well for me with the adapter. Will post here if it comes off. It has a long journey so there will be a wait!

The 18-55 that comes with the Argos kit is a good lens. I can only assume that the EOS M 11-22 is more compact than the the 10-18 + adaptor.

Looks like I'm off to Argos tomorrow afternoon to pick one up! Just ordered the lens adapter online. Will report how I get on! [emoji2]

I've used that motto plenty of times!!

Right ok going to give an M a try!

Have been looking at wide angle lenses for the M but the purpose built wide angle looks quite pricey. A canon 10-18 and an adapter works out cheaper at the moment!

The EF-M is very expensive so at this time it is not on my shopping list nor is the 55-200.

The 10-18 feels right. I got one off the classified threads and it too lives in my M bag! Being an STM means using PL filters is easy as the front element does not move. Also is quick and silent in use on the M and crop cameras. The lens was £219 @ HDEW the last time I looked. As earlier post, I also use 40mm Pancake in addition to tbe 22mm. The 40mm is STM. The 22 awesome little lens.

I am full of cold right right now but if I can get out I will try and get some shots with my 10-18 tomorrow. Will drag out the 10-22 for comparison on the M and with my 50D.

Steve

Last edited:
yes, the M 11-22 lens is smaller than the 18-55, and with the 55-200 M lens I now have the full set. I have sold the adaptor and other EF lenses and keeping the funds for the eagerly awaited M3

yes, the M 11-22 lens is smaller than the 18-55, and with the 55-200 M lens I now have the full set. I have sold the adaptor and other EF lenses and keeping the funds for the eagerly awaited M3

I doubt I will go total M exclusive but having bouggt the second M kit (gotta love the red body) it could prove otherwise. I have a pot of cash in the bank which is slowly building to fund a 70D. I have, however; mentally changed the 70D to a longer term 80D brackets M3..... or 90D italics underlined in red close brackets.

So sticking with my 50D for the foreseeable.

Nagging question mark started re the 11-22..... temptation price point for me will be circa £275. At that point so much nagging. It's the potential bag weight issue. If I do buy it, then likely the 55-200 will start a new niggle.

I am not getting any younger..... niggle niggle.

Steve

I've used that motto plenty of times!!

Right ok going to give an M a try!

Have been looking at wide angle lenses for the M but the purpose built wide angle looks quite pricey. A canon 10-18 and an adapter works out cheaper at the moment!

Had a search on EBay

Both the EF-M 11-22mm and 55-200mm lenses are going for £250 - £270 each from HK suppliers. Assuming Duty and VAT, warranty issues it is IMO marginal value going that route.

I think I will stick with using my EF-S 10-18mm STM and 55-250mm STM lenses for now. Not as discrete as the 22mm and 40mm pancakes but light enough.

Now still got to deal with the niggles

Steve

Last edited:
Had a search on EBay

Both the EF-M 11-22mm and 55-200mm lenses are going for £250 - £270 each from HK suppliers. Assuming Duty and VAT, warranty issues it is IMO marginal value going that route.

I think I will stick with using my EF-S 11-22mm STM and 55-250mm STM lenses for now. Not as discrete as the 22mm and 40mm pancakes but light enough.

Steve
I seem to have spent a large amount of time on eBay as well looking up different lens options for my yet to purchase M!!
Looking at both the 22mm pancake, and the 10-18mm (for use with my recently purchased adapter!).
Love the fact I can use the whole range of Canon glass, as still hoping to pick up another Canon SLR in the future!

I seem to have spent a large amount of time on eBay as well looking up different lens options for my yet to purchase M!!
Looking at both the 22mm pancake, and the 10-18mm (for use with my recently purchased adapter!).
Love the fact I can use the whole range of Canon glass, as still hoping to pick up another Canon SLR in the future!

HDew had the 10-18 for £219 but no longer listed. Mifsuds are £239 according to camera price busters but thought Canon had a cashback on this lens.

Tamron do an M mount 18-200 for a 1 lens walk about.

Tamron 18-200 mm VC Di III Lens For Canon EOS-M Cameras - Silver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L3CX86M/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_KBvCub1196063

I have a wide range of EF and EF-S lenses

All work on the M

Steve

Had a search on EBay

Steve

Hi Steve, Yes, I used to get those, working right up to getting the 60D with 3 good lenses. Very expensive!
Now sticking with the M and set of lenses, and quite happy with them. The niggles will start once again if and when the M replacement comes out :help:

All these pre Christmas gas attacks... Brilliant! Taking mine out this week... My adapter arrived so will pick a prime and go down to the river... Assuming the weather isn't rubbish. :LOL:

All you guys who have bought one i recommend you get some body armour for it, as well as extra protection it improves the handling no end.

Got mine here £19 bargain.

All you guys who have bought one i recommend you get some body armour for it, as well as extra protection it improves the handling no end.

Cheers for the recommendation. Definitely think it's worth it. Will look at placing an order tonight.

Looks a good idea. Mine took a tumble last night falling out when car door was opened. The 18-55 took the brunt of it on its filter ring. Thank goodness for good build quality!

I got one through Amazon and have ordered one through Bristol cameras for my second M.. They really help with handling

Steve

I had offered to take some shots with ultra wide lenses last night and to post them here.

Sadly my cold worsened so have spent most of tbe day in bed.

Looked a rubbish light day when I ventured to look out the windoew.

Steve

Last edited:
Just managed to get quick ten minutes out of work to have a go with the M. Gotta say I really enjoyed using it, and yes the focus might not have always been spot on, but was definitely easy to use, and nice and lightweight to carry around.

Christmas Lights by M@ttyM, on Flickr

Can anyone recommend a good wrist strap for the M? I like the neck strap but sometimes would like to just have it on my wrist. I do like the attachments that neck strap use as well!

Adapter arrived yesterday, have had quick play with the "nifty fifty" on the adapter, all good so far, just waiting for my 22mm to arrive over next couple of days!!

Can anyone recommend a good wrist strap for the M? I like the neck strap but sometimes would like to just have it on my wrist. I do like the attachments that neck strap use as well!

Adapter arrived yesterday, have had quick play with the "nifty fifty" on the adapter, all good so far, just waiting for my 22mm to arrive over next couple of days!!

Have not found a wrist strap yet myself

I do use the Black Rapid Metro sling which is very good for the M, especially with the 22mm. Hardly notice the weight

Got a new one for £24.95 off the Bay but normally £37+

Last edited:
Have not found a wrist strap yet myself

I do use the Black Rspid Metro sling which is very good for the M, especially with the 22mm. Hardly notice the weight

Got a new one for £24.95 off the Bay but normally £37+
Cheers, will look into it. I used to used a Joby Sling Strap with my SLR, found it loads better than standard neck strap.

does the Argos kit come with the flash? If not I have a 270ex is that compatible? Seriously considering this with the 22mm as a compact camera replacement.

does the Argos kit come with the flash? If not I have a 270ex is that compatible? Seriously considering this with the 22mm as a compact camera replacement.

Yes it comes with the 90EX which is a good unit

For more reach I use tte 270EX too

The 90EX can be used to trigger other flashguns too. A stoffen on the 90EX is nice with ad hoc portraits.

Think of the M as a stripped out 600D so it does behave much the same as the 600D

The 22mm pancake is a great lens. I have bought a second M set and my 22mm will live on the new body.

Steve

Last edited:
I really shouldn't even be looking at this bu something tells me I need it to complement the 5D mkii!

I really shouldn't even be looking at this bu something tells me I need it to complement the 5D mkii!
I think we've all tentatively looked at this and ended up getting one to try! Can't go wrong for the price!

The 5D 3 is a magnificent camera and class wise is planets away in all that it is.

Now think

The 5 breaks down

You are stuck with a scene that is developing in front of you

You reach into your pocket or bag and you pull out a sturdy all metal camera that will take the lens (EF and for those with EF-S those too) from your failed 5D and shoot at a level you would find surprising that will shoot at 18MP in JPEG and RAW and with DIGIC 5 processing.

Price £199.99 + £60-70 for a Canon adaptor which has a thumbwheel removable tripod mount built to hold L glass......

Anything else you want to know that will save you moaning later that you missed a mirrorless camerathat was originally £500-700 depending on the kit bought.

Steve

Still looking, you guys are supposed to talk me out of it not encourage me!

Get real and man up

You have posted on a thread where those with an M are finding that their little toy is a fully grown animal.

It's not perfect but it is a real worker and very discrete.

So who would talk you out of it?

It's cheaper than a mere official battery grip for your 5D3!!!! Cheaper than an EF-S 55-250mm Mk2 for crop DSLRs...

Steve

Last edited:
Managed to get the white 22mm kit on the Amazon deals site this week, :) but have to wait until Christmas to open.:(

Managed to get the white 22mm kit on the Amazon deals site this week, :) but have to wait until Christmas to open.:(
Plenty of time to download and browse through the instruction manual then lol. [emoji3]

I'm pondering whether to buy another one lol, the white version looks sexy :D

On the planet Zob it is Xmas Eve tonight

We Zobbians celebrate the Earth Xmas too and just fill the package containg the first gift in, with chocolate and leave it back under the tree till Earth Xmas.

So I have registered you as a Zobbian..... Merry Xmas and enjoy your lens tomorrow and your chocolate in just under 4 weeks... all legal..... Now let's all sing the Planet Zob Anthem

"We don't really give a stuff about Xmas cos our kids are mute till the age of 18......."

Google the song of Zob for the full 231 verses.

Note to self.... got to stop drinking Ouzo.....

S

Like your thinking! I suppose I could open for "test" purposes, and then wrap it up. But then I did that two weeks ago with my new 70-200 f4is and it hasn't quite made it back into the box... Still extensively testing!

You guys crack me up!

The M kit that I bought, includes 22mm lens & ef adaptor, and is back on lightning deal today at Amazon, 4pm. Go for it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...M7Y8FFTVNDP73ZBE&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=560250667

TBH by taking the Argos deal and going for white box 22mm and adaptor deal on EBay you could get any colour M body and the excellent 18-55 STM kit lens for £340-350.

depending on how low the Lightning price drops will either make it worth going for or use the above as a fall back.

Steve

Back