Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Thought my knee was improving till an hour ago ehen it tried to bend sideways and I went down like a ton of bricks. Was holding my Red M with the 22mm at the time...... my sister's twins thought it hilsrious. Might have known. 17 years old today and with my M kit thst made 4 M cameras out for their birthday party.

Extra vote for the EF-M 18-55. It's a nice lens.

Steve
Ouch, sounds painful :( hope it gets better soon.

Anyone made the most of the decent weather today and got some shots with their M's? (Well it looked decent down south!!)

I see the EOS M available in Argos for £199 with 18-55 kit lens and Amazon also with flash for £236 so I'm very tempted. I have heard though that the EOS M has issues with slow focusing but I'm also sure I read something about a software update that improves this. Without reading the whole thread can anyone comment?

I see the EOS M available in Argos for £199 with 18-55 kit lens and Amazon also with flash for £236 so I'm very tempted. I have heard though that the EOS M has issues with slow focusing but I'm also sure I read something about a software update that improves this. Without reading the whole thread can anyone comment?
The Argos one for £199 includes the flash as well. A great little camera especially at the price. There were slow focusing issues when first released, but a firmware upgrade made it more usable I believe (I didn't try it on original fw). Not the quickest autofocus but definitely usable, and at that price a bargain!!

Latest firmware overcomes the original slow focus issue

Argos deal has (in all purchases from family and friends) the latest firmware.

A read tgrough the thread is recommended

Great deal

Steve

Last edited:
The Argos one for £199 includes the flash as well. A great little camera especially at the price. There were slow focusing issues when first released, but a firmware upgrade made it more usable I believe (I didn't try it on original fw). Not the quickest autofocus but definitely usable, and at that price a bargain!!

The Argos add doesn't mention the flash being included (not that I ever use a flash). For the price it certainly seems like amazing value.

Latest firmware overcomes the original slow focus issue

Argos deal has (in all purchases from family and friends) the latest firmware.

A read tgrough the thread is recommended

Great deal

Steve

Thanks, I'll definitely read the thread.

The Argos add doesn't mention the flash being included (not that I ever use a flash). For the price it certainly seems like amazing value.
I got mine from Argos and it had the flash. Think most people in this thread got them from Argos as they same to be the cheapest!! At that price it's brilliant value, almost as cheap as a point and shoot. If you get one also look at getting the 22mm prime for it, picked one up off eBay for about £50, great combination.

I got mine from Argos and it had the flash. Think most people in this thread got them from Argos as they same to be the cheapest!! At that price it's brilliant value, almost as cheap as a point and shoot. If you get one also look at getting the 22mm prime for it, picked one up off eBay for about £50, great combination.

All the kit packs have the 90EX speedlights.

Steve

Anyone know what Argos do with old stock, or should I say the stock they have before the catalogues change ? last Saturday there were 3 stores in my area that had stock of the black kit but come Sunday and the catalogue change the black had gone along with the white. I've kept an eye on their ebay store but nothing has shown up there, I guess i'm hoping for a £179 price again.

Anyone know what Argos do with old stock, or should I say the stock they have before the catalogues change ? last Saturday there were 3 stores in my area that had stock of the black kit but come Sunday and the catalogue change the black had gone along with the white. I've kept an eye on their ebay store but nothing has shown up there, I guess i'm hoping for a £179 price again.

Just Red and Silver body kit left at Argos stores around where I live.

I doubt you will see the £179.99 deal again. The current deal price is still good

One Anazon trader has the black kit at £700+

Steve

Has anyone tried a 400 5.6L with the M? I'm tempted to get one before the Argos stock dries up but it'll be primarily be used with my 400mm besides grabbing the M's 22mm for a go everywhere package.

The Argos add doesn't mention the flash being included (not that I ever use a flash).

LOL, did you miss the product pics ;). What's on top of the camera?:p:D

image.jpg

LOL, did you miss the product pics ;). What's on top of the camera?:p:D

I saw the pics ok but the product description / spec doesn't mention it,

Product description / spec
Camera model number EOS M
Product specification:
  • 18 megapixels.
  • 3in screen with LCD technology.
  • Lens focal length 18 - 55mm.
  • Continuous shooting up to 4.3 frames per second (JPEG).
  • Continuous shooting up to 4.3 frames per second (RAW).
  • CMOS sensor
  • 1 lenses available.
Features:
  • 1080p HD video capture.
  • Video capture and playback with sound.
  • Accepts SD, SDHC, SDXC and microSD memory card formats.
General information:
  • USB cable and case.
  • Batteries required: 1 x Li-Ion (included).
  • Camera weight: 298g.
  • EAN: 4960999841137.

I saw the pics ok but the product description / spec doesn't mention it,

Product description / spec
Camera model number EOS M
Product specification:
  • 18 megapixels.
  • 3in screen with LCD technology.
  • Lens focal length 18 - 55mm.
  • Continuous shooting up to 4.3 frames per second (JPEG).
  • Continuous shooting up to 4.3 frames per second (RAW).
  • CMOS sensor
  • 1 lenses available.
Features:
  • 1080p HD video capture.
  • Video capture and playback with sound.
  • Accepts SD, SDHC, SDXC and microSD memory card formats.
General information:
  • USB cable and case.
  • Batteries required: 1 x Li-Ion (included).
  • Camera weight: 298g.
  • EAN: 4960999841137.

Did you also think that there was no charger bundled? ;)

Anyone recommend a good place to buy spare batteries as I seem to have lost mine!

Amazon!

I have used both ExPro and DSTE batteries (white and black ExPro from Amazon) and got a couple off off the forum for my M bodies and they are excellent. I also use DSTE batteries in my Sony compact and they are very good on that camera too.

I am about to ordee a couple more from Amazon for my M bodies.

With Canon originals around £35+ each then £6 each pro rata for non-OEM allows some latitude to buy a few more. I like the white ExPto ones in the M. Been tryinh out the video .ode and they last really well eith the STM lenses.

Steve

Last edited:
Regarding my earlier post about Argos and old stock I called in to my local Argos today and picked up the new catalogue, as I was browsing through a member of staff asked me if I could find what I wanted, it turned out he was the assistant manager. We went to one side after I explained to him about the black model being available then gone in the new cat, he dug up the black model on the computer and waded through a couple of pages before he told me there were still 7 cameras at the store waiting to be sent back to the warehouse as they were discontinued, he also said when the current stock had gone that would be it for the M. I wonder where the black ones will end up next.

Regarding my earlier post about Argos and old stock I called in to my local Argos today and picked up the new catalogue, as I was browsing through a member of staff asked me if I could find what I wanted, it turned out he was the assistant manager. We went to one side after I explained to him about the black model being available then gone in the new cat, he dug up the black model on the computer and waded through a couple of pages before he told me there were still 7 cameras at the store waiting to be sent back to the warehouse as they were discontinued, he also said when the current stock had gone that would be it for the M. I wonder where the black ones will end up next.

EBay..... perhaps.

I have a Black and Red bodies.

The Red is the better colour for me. It is the permanent home for my 22mm pancake lens.

Steve

There is a UK based EBay seller doing the full EOS M kit in Black.

This is £260 BUT INCLUDES

EOS M body
18-55 kit Lens
22mm Pancake Lens
EF to EF-M adaptor
90EX speedlight

I can't find the EBay ad refeeence on my S4 but the seller is eglobalcentral-uk

It's listed a a Japanese model with English menu.

So it is effectively £60.01 over the Argos kit but icludes the 22mm and adaptor for £60.01! incl delivery.

Steve

Last edited:

EOS M body
18-55 kit Lens
22mm Pancake Lens
EF to EF-M adaptor
90EX speedlight

So it is effectively £60.01 over the Argos kit bur icludes the 22mm and adaptor for £60.01! incl delivery.

Steve
Sounds like a bargain to me

EOS M body
18-55 kit Lens
22mm Pancake Lens
EF to EF-M adaptor
90EX speedlight

So it is effectively £60.01 over the Argos kit but icludes the 22mm and adaptor for £60.01! incl delivery.

Steve
This one ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS...602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339c791742

A quick search on here shows eglobal pop up a few times, it's one of those HK sellers with a Manchester address i think. Plus there's no mention of battery or charger in the description, if it's a jap model it will have a jap charger or do they have 240v.

Last edited:
This one ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS...602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339c791742

A quick search on here shows eglobal pop up a few times, it's one of those HK sellers with a Manchester address i think. Plus there's no mention of battery or charger in the description, if it's a jap model it will have a jap charger or do they have 240v.

Yes that's the one

Drop the seller a line re the charger.

I would assume there will be a battery. The charger should be variable voltage with a figure of 8 lead.

The price is very keen.

Steve

I've been out snapping again. This time on holiday in Madeira. Photos will be up in a sec :)

who likes my improvised tripod? :p

i had left mine at at the house we're staying at

Last edited:
I've been out snapping again. This time on holiday in Madeira. Photos will be up in a sec :)

who likes my improvised tripod? :p

i had left mine at at the house we're staying at
Like the pics. Bet it's bit warmer there than here! Got to love to versatility of the Joby tripods. Perfect for the M.

Back