Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Would make sense as to why the Argos stock has been discontinued in some colours etc. I just hope it's at a sensible price point.

Agreed!

That said, I have the cash put aside for an M3 but a new house build I am involved in has hit the budget put aside for it and the building control officer has dropped a bombshell whivh may reqjuire my dipping into .y M3 pot or the sale of some more kit.

Needs must I guess. Still I am looking forward to the announcement and the release date......

Steve.

Agreed!

That said, I have the cash put aside for an M3 but a new house build I am involved in has hit the budget put aside for it and the building control officer has dropped a bombshell whivh may reqjuire my dipping into .y M3 pot or the sale of some more kit.

Needs must I guess. Still I am looking forward to the announcement and the release date......

Steve.
Don't you just hate those bombshells. At least if I have to wait to get one, any firmware bugs etc may get ironed out, and hopefully price drops, although doubt it to levels that the current M dropped to!!

Don't you just hate those bombshells. At least if I have to wait to get one, any firmware bugs etc may get ironed out, and hopefully price drops, although doubt it to levels that the current M dropped to!!

If we wait then we could hit M4 territory with the M3 being offloaded by Argos.

Hopefully the M3 will be available as a body only if no new lenses are released...... I have 2 x 18-55 lenses already!

Steve

Yes but it was only a minor update and not sold in the UK
Mainly the AF
2ze0bah.jpg

M2 has Built-In wireless Connectivity

Last edited:
It also says that it's 10% smaller than the original. I don't think I would want to go that small.

Agreed, I like the fact the M is small and compact but not sure i'd want it to go any smaller....

From my original reading it was a release just for the Japan/Asian market with "minor" cosmetic differences. Was unaware of the wirelesz feature, which is an impottant feature, for me, that the M3 should have.

From my original reading it was a release just for the Japan/Asin market with "minor" cosmetic differences. Was unaware of the wirelesz feature, which is an impottant feature, for me, that the M3 should have.
I would like the wireless remote shooting function, just like my 70D has, so can use my phone to preview and shoot.

I would like the wireless remote shooting function, just like my 70D has, so can use my phone to preview and shoot.

This is a must for me (or at least USB tethering). My other "must" is a tilting LCD. Of course a faster and better sensor would be expected.

Other features I'd like are an optional EVF and a multi function dial.

Oh, and some new lenses?

Would make sense as to why the Argos stock has been discontinued in some colours etc. I just hope it's at a sensible price point.

I think the reason why the price has dropped significantly is the fact that canon thought the EOS M would fly off the shelves like other mirror less systems, but it never tookoff in Europe/US to the extent that other makes did, plus it also had some issues. That's probably why the M2 never got released in Europe/US because canon wanted to get rid of the M stock, hence the reduced price. Personally for £200, it's a fantastic camera and I'm not bothered by some of its limitations, it's an ideal travel camera for me and the couple of lenses available are impressive, plus with the EF adapter, I can use my EF lenses. As for whether I will upgrade to the M3, probably not, as I've got 2 other cameras bodies to meet those requirements. The RC6 remote works well for the off camera shutter release, £5 from that eBay seller mentioned in a previous post a bargain.

Got my M2 today, first impressions are good. It seems snappier than the M, focusing is much improved. I particularly like the wifi tethered shooting. I was going to buy another M from Argos for a second body, but as I also wanted the 11-22mm I went for the Digitalrev package. Now all I have to do is sell on the 18-55mm, the 22mm , the ef adaptor and the flash !

Last edited:
Last edited:
Found this recent comparison on YT, M v M2, might be of use to someone:
LOL that was me a few hours ago. One thing he didn't mention in the video is the M2 doesn't have that annoying blacking out of the viewfinder when you take a shot that the M does.

LOL that was me a few hours ago. One thing he didn't mention in the video is the M2 doesn't have that annoying blacking out of the viewfinder when you take a shot that the M does.
Interesting. Given that the camera uses a focal plane shutter, how can the live view can be maintained during an exposure?
There must be some interruption surely?

Interesting. Given that the camera uses a focal plane shutter, how can the live view can be maintained during an exposure?
There must be some interruption surely?
Yeah there is still a slight interruption but it lasts less than 1/2 a second whereas on my M it seems to be about 2 seconds.

Same here, shame they won't lower the price to get rid of the stock. I'm keen to buy another and sell the kit lens on. I love how the kit lens costs something like £235 on the Argos site and the entire M kit is only £199!

Same here, shame they won't lower the price to get rid of the stock. I'm keen to buy another and sell the kit lens on. I love how the kit lens costs something like £235 on the Argos site and the entire M kit is only £199!

Amazon are selling it for £170, just goes to show what a bargain the EOS M kit is from Argos.

Don't forget your £10 voucher, you could count that as a tenner off and use it towards some other overpriced stuff at Argos.

Last edited:
Just seen the 55-200mm is available on eBay from a UK seller for £199.99 + £6.99 next day delivery.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Canon...=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item5b0bcb761b

I wasn't planning on buying this lens but that's a good price. Very tempting.....

I have tried this lens and it's a nice size and weight but have to say I found my ef-s 55-250 STM had better IQ and, of course, reach. Tha said, a sub £200 rice tag is a selling point to moving to a full M kit! The overall lighter weight kit bag is still a massive benefit.
Steve

Last edited:
^^ This does look a great lens, but I would prefer the ef-s 55-250 STM, which can be used on both the M (with adapter) and any other Canon crop cameras.

I already have the original 55-250, which I bought years ago for my 450D and it is still one of my favourite lenses. In fact, it's on my M at the moment.

Amazon are doing the ef-m 55-200 @ £286.33 currently so the EBay price is tempting if only for the size/weight.....

Back