Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Thanks for the link Glenn i'm at pains to spend £25 though, so i'll lookout for a unbranded version.[/QUOTE
please disregard my last. My strap is minus the fixing which I took off to put on the hand strap

Last edited:
Morning. How would you say this stacks up against a Fuji x20? Be very interested if anyone has both of them and could give a comparison. Thanks
Anybody? ☺️

There are loads of Fuji's for sale in the classifieds, and no M's so draw your own conclusion ;)

The X20 is a different camera type really its has a smaller sensor and non changeable lens to,
Its a nice enough camera for what it is but its not going to give the same quality of photos that a EOS M would.
If you don't mind the camera being bigger when fitted with its 18-55 kit lens the EOS M is the way to go imo ;) (at Argos £199.99 at the moment) you can pick up the 22m f2 on eBay for£57 import or £80ish UK and that gives you faster glass better for lower light photos and it makes the camera a lot more compact too :)

Thanks. Might treat myself....:clap: I think the x20s are there because there is a new one out. Really like the j-pegs out of camera. Canon seem to have abandoned the UK for the Ms..already have an M2 out in Asia. Odd. Going to see where there is an Argos. Cheers chaps.

Last edited:
Yes i think there's a few for sale due to people upgrading to the X30 as for M2 only Asia appears to have it and also the 11-22mm lens never got launched in the USA either.

So i don't know how much support Canon will continue on the system in the long term but today it's a bargain price ( cheaper than X20) and if Canon did decide to abandon it.. It'll still be a very good camera for the money even if it's AF is useable rather than fast.

I got the JJC ST-1 also. very sturdy and comfortable on the wrist.

How have you got it fastened to the camera? Was looking for a wrist strap but can only see the Canon one with right type of connector

Last edited:
I asked the same then figured it out so i edited my post,
take the clip from the supplied Canon neck strap and then attach it on the wrist strap ( bit of a squeeze to do) and then fit it on the camera
View attachment 24063

Yes, thats how I did it. I was going to offer my unused neck strap to Swissy but then remembered it was minus one Clip! :rolleyes:

So I have one now and am charging the battery. On the Argos website it said there were none available but as we were going to Stroud, we called in at the Argos branch. Bingo.1 left with lens and flash..... Will enjoy having a play with it tomorrow.... Our friend then rushed off to the Argos branch in Stroud and had the last one there. Hope she likes it! Hope I like it...

So I have one now and am charging the battery. On the Argos website it said there were none available but as we were going to Stroud, we called in at the Argos branch. Bingo.1 left with lens and flash..... Will enjoy having a play with it tomorrow.... Our friend then rushed off to the Argos branch in Stroud and had the last one there. Hope she likes it! Hope I like it...
'Grats! I'm enjoying mine and am looking forward to playing with it some more...

Last edited:
Well, so far I like the touch screen focusing and the option to use that for taking shots. Useful when on a tripod, save pressing the shutter release. The 18-55mm is nicely made and is pretty sharp, though slow to focus. Not surprised, it's well covered in the reviews so knew that would be a 'feature'.

There are a few other features that I consider to be gimmicks, e.g. Creative filters, but I guess it all comes in handy from time to time. Being able to use the little flash unit as a wireless trigger for my 430EX II is going to be handy too.

Looking forward to getting the EOS EF adaptor to try out some of my other lenses and also going to try some digiscoping with it.

:ty:Ok thanks for that. Must read the manual... How do you find the lack of viewfinder?

Not having a viewfinder is a blessing and a curse. I prefer cameras with an optical viewfinder, but at £199 the EOS M was too good to miss as a first foray into mirror less. The 50D is faster and has better ergonomics, but is of course bigger. Sometimes a more compact camera is good to have.

Here's a few example shots taken with the 18-55mm kit lens that cam with the camera. Still haven't got the EOS adaptor yet... :)

Steve Hackett at The Lowry Theatre, Salford

Lyme Hall, Cheshire

Lyme Hall, Cheshire

Some PP has been done, especially the last shot which has had quite a bit, including an exposure gradient filter applied to try to do something with the sky.

Last edited:
Message received, thanks

I asked the same then figured it out so i edited my post,
take the clip from the supplied Canon neck strap and then attach it on the wrist strap ( bit of a squeeze to do) and then fit it on the camera
View attachment 24063

Didn't think of that :D

Shame you can't just buy the clips, so I still have the option of the original strap without having to re-thread.

Using the EOS-M more and more now as it's so much easier to pick up when you're heading out than the 5D is.

Great shots! For £199 this little camera is a real powerhouse and great value for money, considering the quality of the kit lens and the included min-flash gun.

My 22mm arrived today (£79 on eBay) so will hopefully have time to play at the weekend :D

O I was wondering about that lens. Can you post a review with your favourite shot please? Thanks

Left the DSLR at home for our family holiday to Spain a couple of weeks ago taking just my GoPro and EOS-M.

The 22mm f2 never left the camera and I had great fun snapping away. Will post a couple of shots when I get a few minutes.

Can't recommend that lens enough!

I've not taken the 22mm off my M since i got it :)

Could you post a few pictures, please? Pondering getting one of these....

A couple of quick snaps i took at my daughters wedding, i was under orders to leave my camera's at home, so the tiny M was ideal for me to keep hidden, especially with the 22mm attached.

Other than cropping these are out of camera

Last edited:
Great image quality from the 22mm, sharp across the frame at f/2 but the focus is too slow for me, especially as I'd just got used to the fast and silent 18-55mm.

I took the plunge as well as the price was too good to pass up.

I just ordered a 22mm off ebay to go with it.

Now need to find a nice case...

2 images SOOC

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

Anybody tried a 40mm f2,8 STM with the adpator?

Yes I keep the 40 on all the time. The 22mm is a bit wide for my needs.

Makes a great combination. I did a comparison between my Sigma 35mm art and the 40mm and at my normal apertures(5.6 to 8) there was little difference so I sold the Sigma.

My only reservation is it is too big to slip in a pocket so you either need a dry day or a camera bag if you want to use this outside.

I also use the 40mm on my M a lot of the time - it is a superb little lens (though the adapter does make it a bit chunky) which can give really good results. I will have a look later and see if I can find some normal sample shots taken with this set up - most of my shots with this are taken through a telescope.

What digiscoping adapter and scope do you use peter? How well does it digiscope?

Back