Wild Canon: First Test Photos SX60

Sorry about the Layout of Thread, I finf this site rather awkward to place Photos!!

are you new to photography? looks ok, never sure about the optical quality of a bridge camera. BUT please never ever ever use digital zoom. its the fastest way to ruin a perfectly good image. if you need to zoom further then walk towards the subject. if you cant then accept your fate and move on lol.

looking at image 'no2' there is alot of colour chromatic aberration in the shot. this is a common thing on this camera system

No not new to Photography, but love the convenience of a Bridge Camera on occasions. So when the SX60 arrived it seemed to make sense to push it to its Limits (but, only for the benefit of the Readers of this Forum) to fully test and show its capabilities. I will try not to Post anymore in case I offend any one else, Sorry.

Other Equipment includes:-

CANON 600d, 50mm Prime, !8-135mm Zoom, 70-250mm Zoom, Set of Extension Tubes, various Filters, Speedlight, 2 Tripods.

Olympus SZ14, with 24X Zoom, Sorry again Phill but love it, so handy.

Panasonic, Hitachi and Sony Camcorders

Also Secretary of the Local Camera Club.

BUT, find the Camera on my Samsung S4 Mini Phone to be barely adequate.

No not new to Photography, but love the convenience of a Bridge Camera on occasions. So when the SX60 arrived it seemed to make sense to push it to its Limits (but, only for the benefit of the Readers of this Forum) to fully test and show its capabilities. I will try not to Post anymore in case I offend any one else, Sorry.

Other Equipment includes:-

CANON 600d, 50mm Prime, !8-135mm Zoom, 70-250mm Zoom, Set of Extension Tubes, various Filters, Speedlight, 2 Tripods.

Olympus SZ14, with 24X Zoom, Sorry again Phill but love it, so handy.

Panasonic, Hitachi and Sony Camcorders

Also Secretary of the Local Camera Club.

BUT, find the Camera on my Samsung S4 Mini Phone to be barely adequate.

You have a good list of kit. Bridge cameras are ok. Not my thing but just be aware that each lens has a sweet spot and flaws. Bridge all in one lenses are good but have to be used carefully

But surely Phill it's a case of the best Tool for the job, a Claw Hammer is great but would you use it to break Rock
or a Mallet to drive a nail??

So I like to have a choice of Cameras, it works for me!!

Once again having Trouble up loading a Photo , Sorry. Wish it was easier

Last edited:
Back