Canon LP-E6 battery price drop

If you are after genuine Canon LPE6 batteries, these may not be genuine? If you look at the some of the feedback it suggests they are not Canon batteries. :)

Reviews in the main, from what I can see, relate to resellers. In my experience, when sold by Amazon and not a reseller, goods tend to be genuine. Still, pays to be cautious, but have ordered one so will soon find out!

Well I've had an email this afternoon that my order has been dispatched so I'll know in a few days if genuine or being returned for a refund ;)

Interesting while my order was sold by amazon now the price has risen and the status is supplied by a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by amazon, different to when I ordered

Last edited:
That will be because Amazon have run out of stock and aren't selling it themselves at the moment - often happens when they've price matched someone and sold out.

Incidentally I bought one too, and I have every faith its kosher, as it was sold by Amazon themselves and not a third party being fulfilled by Amazon.

Mine arrived today and it's the real deal too, pleased to say.

Thank you Jamesie, I have ordered :D Amazon are doing free Prime Trial now too so I got free next day delivery woohoo!

I have copy batterys and fined them to be BETTER then original ones also mine was a lot cheaper then above price.... just £6.99

Of course a copy is going to be cheaper...no one in there right mind is going to pay close to OEM prices for none OEM, ŵith respect if I remember correctly you are using 7D's where as later cameras using to LP-E6 are moving towards not accepting none OEM batteries

For some people like me I prefer to use an OEM battery

Of course a copy is going to be cheaper...no one in there right mind is going to pay close to OEM prices for none OEM, ŵith respect if I remember correctly you are using 7D's where as later cameras using to LP-E6 are moving towards not accepting none OEM batteries

For some people like me I prefer to use an OEM battery
LP-E6 is the battery as per OP and is for EOS 5D MK II, 5D MK III, EOS Canon 60D, EOS 7D and EOS 6D
And I bet most battery come out the same factory any how, I seen it in so many places now.

I recently checked my old 450d which has sat in a cupboard for several months untouched. I have two after market batteries and a single OEM. Prior to storing it away, I charged all the batteries and left the camera empty. When I checked the batteries in the camera, two were dead and the other was showing full charge.... Guess which one it was.

To be honest, I'm quite happy using the after market ones for my 5d3. I would rather have something with charge than nothing at all but £30 is a good price for the OEMs and I have ordered an extra one.

Anyone buy these and have concerns they might be fakes? I can't make my mind up...

I got one and it worked okay but after using it for a while the battery now won't charge. Personally I think they are dodgy (I have the canon 70d) I will be sending mine back for a refund.

I got one and it worked okay but after using it for a while the battery now won't charge. Personally I think they are dodgy (I have the canon 70d) I will be sending mine back for a refund.

Hmmm that is concerning, there was a batch of LP-E6 last year I think that had a issue relating to charging what is happening when you try and charge it?

It is flashing orange but not actually charging the battery.

I seem to remember that being the issue, give me a minute and I have a look see if I can find the press release

Thank you for finding it for me :) I have tried it but it is still not working. I guess it will be going back to Amazon. Thanks again for your help.

The one I bought seems to be working fine, added to the two I already had for my 70d. Very few charge cycles so far, but so far, so good. Date stamp on the back by the way, is 12/2013 if that means anything

It's coming to something when batteries bought from Amazon themselves can potentially be fakes - where on earth are we supposed to buy them from if we want to be 100% sure they're genuine?

What I can't work out is why Canon doesn't just gave a uniform battery design across all jurisdictions - sure, there may be different legal requirements for what a battery has to display on its labels etc but why not just take a thorough approach everywhere and have identikit batteries which would avoid the concerns expressed on this thread?

What I can't work out is why Canon doesn't just gave a uniform battery design across all jurisdictions - sure, there may be different legal requirements for what a battery has to display on its labels etc but why not just take a thorough approach everywhere and have identikit batteries which would avoid the concerns expressed on this thread?

I don't get what you mean, an LP-E6 is a standard battery there are not different versions of it

Dammit, wish I'd bought one of these - now I need one and they're back up to stupid prices.

Anyone know the best deal/place for a legit one?

Can anyone recommend an alternative to the canon version? Need to get a spare for my 6d but don't really want to spend nearly £50 that the official ones are now going for on amazon.

I have 2 7dayhsop ones and they work fine. I use one in my 5d2 battery grip (other in 7d grip) along with the official canon lp-e6 I got with the camera and have encountered no issues.

message on Amazon now states: "
Item Under Review
This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.
We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page."

I gave up trying to find an online source I could be sure were selling genuine batteries and bought one from John Lewis.

Back