Canon price watch .com?

Name
Shayne
Edit My Images
No
There is a post about this website on a facebook page I was looking at

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/

What I was told by an authorized Canon dealer is that they can not lower their prices and must sell for the suggested retail price or lose their privileges.

Here is the conversation they were having on the page. I deleted the guys name that was posting but something about his post makes me wonder if he works for the company.

• This is the email response i received from them around knowing if they're reputable:

"Due to Canon pricing policies, the dealers have asked us to only disclose their names after an order is entered. Once your order is entered, you will have ample opportunity to investigate the store prior to paying them. You can cancel your order at any time if you are not satisfied with the reputation of the dealer. All Street Price dealers are reputable Canon authorized dealers, ones that we already list on our site. The return policy is 30 days. If defective, the retailer pays return shipping.

Shipping is by UPS. The retailer is located on the East Coast, so standard shipping should only take a couple days to Virginia. Please note that the store is closed for religious holidays (like many camera stores) beginning Wednesday so your order should be placed prior to then."
    1 hr · Like

• have used CPW to purchase two 6Ds and have been pretty satisfied. They will reveal the name of the dealer once you say you are interested. You can then verify the dealer with canon website's list of authorized dealers and make your decision. I also received the rebates for both without any issues. I have had good experience both the times and would definitely recommend.
    1 hr · Like

• lus they come with standard canon warranty since it's sold by authorized dealer. Have used the warranty with CPS when I sent one of my 6D for micro adjustment.
    1 hr · Like

• Shayne Sabala
    Are you sure they're an authorized Canon dealer?
    1 hr · Like

• As I mentioned earlier, they will introduce you to the dealer before you make the payment. You can then look them up on the canon website. They will introduce to different dealers based on your location
    1 hr · Like
Here was my response.

Shayne Sabala It just doesn't make sense to me. If these authorized dealers sell for less that the suggested retail price one time they will have their privileges revoked and will no longer be an authorized dealer. That means they could only make one sell and be done. Why would they do that?

Have any of you heard about these guys and if so are they legit? Like I said in my post, it just doesn't make sense to me. What do you thank?

Thanks I found my answer. It is actually a loop hole in Canon's price policy. This is a middle man that has Canon dealers that will sell for less than the advertized price but can not advertise what they are doing. So this site advertises the lower price and pares the buyer up with the selling dealer once you have made your order. You have some big name sellers and even if you get a seller you do not know or trust you can back out without any problem. So the Canon dealer is not doing anything wrong because they are not advertizing for less but relying on someone else to do the advertizing for less for them.

Back