Can't decide 50mm f1.4 1st or 70 to 200mm

Edit My Images
Yes
I got a d600 with a tokina 16-28 / tamron 24-70 / sigma 50-500 so far... an looking at my next lens and can't decide what to get first, at the moment its little more than an expensive hobby/passion with only odd jobs here an there. I really want a sharp lens prime like the 50mm f1.4 art but also would like a sharp zoom for what i can't reach like the tamron 70mm -200mm my 50-500 is good only with lots of light and wildlife but difficult in low light and suffers alot with chromatic aberration especially in between tree leaves. Other lens im looking at is the 28mm f1.8 an the 85mm f1.4 i think sigma is coming out with a new 85 & 24mm not sure.
Trouble is i love so many different types of photography (people landscapes wildlife astrophotography/milkyway photography etc). Bloody expensive hobby.... currently buying one lens every 6 months or so. Would like to hear or read some thoughts.

You're trying to decide from a 24, 28, 50, 85 and 70-200. Nobody can help you make that choice. That's basically a full set of lenses, covering just about everything you could want to shoot.

Look at what you shoot. Identify any areas where your kit is stopping you doing what you want to do, and then buy the lens to sort it. (y)

Hmm well im currently lacking for indoor zoom (low light) and have no sharp primes of any range yet.

Then a prime lens it is then...

Next question is which ? From your list, I'd be looking at one of the wider angle primes for indoor use :D

+1 on James suggestion.
Shooting subjects that move and in low light, I use an 85mm f1.8 and a 135mm f2 on both older crop and full frame bodies.
A good 70-200 f2.8 would be nice and is way outside my budget, besides even f2.8 may still be too slow on my current bo0dies.

Back