Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Hi Garry, I like this set very much you have captured an "Excellent" set of street images.(y)

George.

Hi, Sorry double posting.:banghead:

Last edited:
Hi, I seem to have lost my presence of mind, I'll go back to the drawing board.:banghead:

Last edited:
dancook - the shot with the lads on the step.Did you get the step in the photo under the guy on the rights foot.If you did try moving the photo down so the curve of the step on the right under his foot leads the eye into the photo from the corner.Excellent photo.

dancook - the shot with the lads on the step.Did you get the step in the photo under the guy on the rights foot.If you did try moving the photo down so the curve of the step on the right under his foot leads the eye into the photo from the corner.Excellent photo.

Thanks, unfortunately not - it can be a frustration with hipshooting :) but if I weren't hipshooting I think I'd have not risked the shot :D

This man I did not hipshoot for.. and whilst the photos isn't great - I'd like to comment he was not keen on having his photo taken... he's wearing a tape measure for a suit and he does not want attention ? :D

FQ2A8124 by dancook1982, on Flickr

Hi Dan, As you can see I have clicked a couple that I like very much. (y)

May I ask, have you changed your style of PP work as some of these shots to me do look a little burnt out in the highlights and lack a bit of tone compared to the excellent material you normally post. Of coarse I do realize that this could be the effect you are after and is really none of my business. But personally I do prefer your shots with the normal bite you produce but with a little more tone to them.

Only my opinion of coarse matey and absolutely no offence meant.

George.

Hi Dan, As you can see I have clicked a couple that I like very much. (y)

May I ask, have you changed your style of PP work as some of these shots to me do look a little burnt out in the highlights and lack a bit of tone compared to the excellent material you normally post. Of coarse I do realize that this could be the effect you are after and is really none of my business. But personally I do prefer your shots with the normal bite you produce but with a little more tone to them.

Only my opinion of coarse matey and absolutely no offence meant.

George.

My PP style is fairly loose :) I recreate my 'normal' style and then replicate it across the set and tweak as I see fit - so there may be differences.

If you happen to know of a photo to which you are comparing the styles, I'd be happy to take a look to see and think on it.

My PP style is fairly loose :) I recreate my 'normal' style and then replicate it across the set and tweak as I see fit - so there may be differences.

If you happen to know of a photo to which you are comparing the styles, I'd be happy to take a look to see and think on it.

Hi Dan, I can't think of any particular shot or shots of hand but it just appeared to me that some of your latest shots look a little burnt out in the highlights and I didn't recognise it as your work. (That's meant as a compliment).

Incidentally I also like the shot of the policewoman etc very much but didn't know how to apply a like to just that one of the set.(y)

George.

FQ2A8305 by dancook1982, on Flickr

FQ2A8227 by dancook1982, on Flickr

FQ2A8195 by dancook1982, on Flickr

Hi Dan, i was asking myself the same question as George. I do really like your picture. May I ask you what did you do to give them this metalic feel. Maybe a special tone to them?
I can see it is shot at f/8 and 35mm on full frame. I guess this already give you a good depth of field for getting a good sharpness as starting point before editing.

Hi Dan, i was asking myself the same question as George. I do really like your picture. May I ask you what did you do to give them this metalic feel. Maybe a special tone to them?
I can see it is shot at f/8 and 35mm on full frame. I guess this already give you a good depth of field for getting a good sharpness as starting point before editing.

Same question as George, "where did you nice old stuff go?" hehe (only joking)

Liberal use of the clarity slider, although I think this last set was 100, and previous sets around 75 - which might be where a difference of processing crept in.
I also apply noise reduction, but increase the detail slider - it gives a painterly effect.
Try to keep a lot of dynamic range in there, don't make it too flat - but don't lose too much detail.

Same question as George, "where did you nice old stuff go?" hehe (only joking)

Liberal use of the clarity slider, although I think this last set was 100, and previous sets around 75 - which might be where a difference of processing crept in.
I also apply noise reduction, but increase the detail slider - it gives a painterly effect.
Try to keep a lot of dynamic range in there, don't make it too flat - but don't lose too much detail.

Gosh, must have been reading George question a bit diagonally.... I thought he was praising you for your PP style which he does but for your old stuff... digging myself a hole...

Thanks for you're answer, I would have guess that you add done some split toning adding blue in the equation. I've not done much Black and White, yours looks great and it seems that you have develop a personal touch to them.

When I do colour processing I always touch a bit the clarity slider but never to this extreme. I'll give it a go in black and white.

Thanks again.

Gosh, must have been reading George question a bit diagonally.... I thought he was praising you for your PP style which he does but for your old stuff... digging myself a hole...

Hi Thomas, I don't think you or anyone is digging themselves into a hole in the slightest. :)

I'm a great fan of most of Dans work as he already knows! I only wish my "street photography" was as good.
And yes I like most of the photography in the batch we are talking about.

You're perfectly correct I wasn't criticising the work in any way I was just asking if the PP style had changed and commenting that I personally (not really my business) preferred the fuller range of tones produced in earlier material. Which I still do!

As I said in my comments I meant no offence whatsoever it was just a personal opinion.

George.

kgze7ujj-tw1.jpg

Jazz Hand - Christmas market London

Hastings-30-08-2008-134-e1304629672545.jpg

Tour Guide at Bodium Castle in Hastings

BTCC-Brands-2011-131.jpg

Lens Envy - Brands Hatch (little cluttered and tighter crop required)

BTCC-Brands-2011-057.jpg

Modified Wheels - Brands Hatch

DSCF1415-e1304200554750.jpg

Silhouette - Shoeburyness

Great stuff. You can make up some great stories with these pics... well done!

Back