Car light painting

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I was out for sunset the other night and once it was dark and before i left to come home i decided to have a pop at light painting my car.
My cars filthy and nohing specal so would be better with something a little more interesting but im happy with them anyway :)

Both were approximately 90 second exposures @ f5.6 ISO100 11mm
Light painting was done with my phone - think the white balance is a bit warm on the second one and the highlights are a bit blown on the car bonnet.

Ta

Nick

Is this a first go because if so its a great first attempt.

Yeah car could do with a clean lol but for experimental purposes think it has work and suits both locations. Just watch out for distortion is quite evident in #1

I do wonder how this stuff works as the ambient was enough to light the background but you dont appear in shot but guess thats the magic need to find a vid of someone actually doing the process.

Hi Nick,

Love the effect of this - how is it done please?

Thanks

Dave
Cheers mate :)
I set my camera up on bulb mode and set the shutter away, then I walked around the outside of the car pretty quickly so as not to be picked up by the camera and I shone the torch off my phone across the car and the floor, it took a bit of trial and error and you have to try and get it as even as possible to avoid bright spots and dark spots on the car :)

Really have to have a go at this, by using your phone I assume you were using the LED flash as a torch?
Yeah the LED flash :)
On a Samsung phone (I assume others as well) the flash doubles as a torch via an app :)

Nice attempt at balancing the light, my only comment is it doesn't look right because the road is lit.

Not a bad effort with these. As said the main crit here is the light temperature differences, the lighting of the car doesn't match the ambient at all so the image doesn't look right

Back