Carlos.gi warranty?

Name
Mike Leslie
Edit My Images
No
Anyone purchased from carlos.gi? I noticed them mentioned in another thread and more specifically I'm interested in how Sigma handle their warranty if at all? The guy from carlos said...

Sigma lenses comes with manufacturer's guarantee card. There is a Sigma subsidiary in Uk, so I am sure Sigma guarantee is valid in UK and will be honoured there.

The bold bit is what worries me, he doesn't even know. Sigma's website say I need a receipt showing UK vat and customs but clearly coming form Gibraltar it wont have either, £200 saving on the 50mm Art but at what cost!

Any thoughts?

Can't speak for Carlos, but the Sigma Imaging UK Ltd site seems clear that they are providing an additional 2 years warranty on top of the Sigma international 1 year warranty.
http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/index.php?route=product/warranty I'm guessing you'd need to clarify whether the UK company does all the international warranty work as quickly as stuff they have sold themselves, but that's maybe a question for another thread?

Not sure what is being asked here. Only lenses imported by Sigma UK and sold through authorised retailers have a valid UK warranty. Any grey imports have no warranty with Sigma UK whatsoever. Most reputable grey importers provide their own warranties on such items in place of the manufacturer's.

Back