Castle Cameras UK anybody used

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title suggests, thinking of using these for a new lens considering their price is cheaper then anywhere else.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have used them twice (mail order), albeit not for some time now, but had no problem at all.

Dave

They are a long established real camera shop, but I'm a bit surprised that they would be the cheapest for a given item. http://www.castlecameras.co.uk/about-us
They are coming up as cheapest UK supplier for a lens I want :)
I have used them twice (mail order), albeit not for some time now, but had no problem at all.

Dave
Thanks all, thought they sounded reputable, I just hit the button and bought a nice new wide angle zoom for my break in the Yorkshire Dales next week.

Not impressed, returned a faulty camera and didn't get any postage costs refunded. Also removed an offer from their website earlier than the stated date.

Price cuts have to be paid for somewhere usually by penny pinching which seems to be the case here from my experience

Not impressed, returned a faulty camera and didn't get any postage costs refunded.

I think you will find that is pretty standard practice with most companies.

I recently returned a item of faulty photographic equipment, under warranty, to the UK distributor. It cost me £11 for Royal Mail Special Delivery (insured).

Although the company promptly replaced the item, no refund of postage was made, and as I said above, as it is standard practice with most companies, I didn't expect any.

It doesn't make it right, but that unfortunately, is the way it is.

Dave

I think you will find that is pretty standard practice with most companies.
I recently returned a item of faulty photographic equipment, under warranty, to the UK distributor. It cost me £11 for Royal Mail Special Delivery (insured).
Although the company promptly replaced the item, no refund of postage was made, and as I said above, as it is standard practice with most companies, I didn't expect any.
It doesn't make it right, but that unfortunately, is the way it is.

Not so sure that is correct, it was returned for a refund within the DSR period plus it was faulty, not chuffed either about the cost I paid of having it sent to me in the first place

I bought a few bits from them last year - competitive prices, quick delivery, well packaged.

Not so sure that is correct, it was returned for a refund within the DSR period plus it was faulty, not chuffed either about the cost I paid of having it sent to me in the first place

The DSR state that they have to refund the original postage cost (if you had to pay any) of them sending it to you. I think this is what you are complaining about?

What they don't have to offer is free returns ie the cost of you returning it

I did pay a postage cost to have it sent to me and agree if you send it back under the DSR that no return postage is due

What they don't have to offer is free returns ie the cost of you returning it

Still not sure that stands if a product is faulty though

ditto Gary's comments virtually word for word. I also have used the Salisbury shop for about 5 years now and have always been impressed with the quality of service and friendly attitude of the staff.

Back