Castle Campbell

Name
Marty
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Fancied going for a quick shoot today and browsing through the 'Places to visit and photograph' thread I came across Castle Campbell at Dollar which isn't to far from me.

Packed up all my gear, waterproofs etc but when I got there I realised I forgot my boots. Didn't think it would matter however, all the paths leading to the castle were covered in sheets of ice, even walking on what little grass there was wasn't easy in a pair of old worn trainers. Not good when your kit isn't insured...

Anyway, made it there and back but did have to leave a few parts alone as it was just too risky. Look forward to going back later in the year as it is a really nice location to shoot!

Anyway enough babbling, here are some of the shots:

sideview.jpg

topview.jpg

castle.jpg

insidecastle.jpg

waterfall.jpg

Thanks for looking and any C&C would be appreciated as always! (y)

First and second for me Martin. It's a fabulous location and I take a run over there quite often. In Autum it's really spectacular with the bracken and trees a deep russet. I shoot from the roadside which I think is your first vantage point and then trek up the hills to the same pont as your second. The only problem is getting parked and it's a helluva trek down to the castle iself!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, much appreciated! (y)

In Autum it's really spectacular with the bracken and trees a deep russet. I shoot from the roadside which I think is your first vantage point and then trek up the hills to the same pont as your second. The only problem is getting parked and it's a helluva trek down to the castle iself!

Yeah, I'll definitely be going back in Spring and Autumn would like to get some sunrise shots there too. Your totally right with the locations I shot from too; first one at a bench just off the road to the castle and the second one was just up the hill from the bridge where you cross the stream.

Not wrong about the walking involved, I thought I was going to pass out walking up the road it was so steep - must get fitter!!! :LOL:

Back