Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

Came across this of our "Yelle" taken back in 2008 when she was undergoing litter tray training......here face says it all .."What do i do now"! lol

yellewhatdoidonow.jpg

Glad to see this thread is still going.
lots of amazing and wonderful cats you lot have!

I rescued two black cats from woodgreen back before x-mas with my girlfriend, its so nice to have them around again after loosing my 15 year old cat at my parents last year.

a home is never a home without one, two.. or more of these little farts running around :)

I love em, will post a picture of "Tom & Gerri" soon :)

Meet Shelley, she's around 12 years old now and this is about as friendly as she ever looks, unless you're opening a can of tuna for her...

MAR_0004_2.jpg

We used to have a couple of cats and loved having them around the house.
The were quite old when they passed, 15 & 16yrs old.

We visit an Organic farm in Italy which has cats which live in the barn and are quite happy and healthy being there. One of them was quite the model and was happy to do a little posing for me when I paid him with being stroked:)

Mr Model

_DSC6698 by Chris Harden Photography, on Flickr

Lunch time

_DSC6855 by Chris Harden Photography, on Flickr

On the car roof

_DSC6885 by Chris Harden Photography, on Flickr

Nap time

_DSC6645 by Chris Harden Photography, on Flickr

We planning on going back to the farm soon, and seeing how they are getting on:)

Chris

My first time with a DSLR camera and my first time posting a picture on a photography forum! This is my cat Jellybean.
8627537393_46c170dff0.jpg
8628647176_6cc82886a1.jpg
8627538729_1a155c4f11.jpg

Been one week today since we had to let our beautiful lady 'C-Fer' go (very rapid mouth cancer - 2 weeks from discovery to. . . . ) she is now playing with her old friend Tribal in the garden.

Rest in Peace our beautiful girl

_DSC8077-XL.jpg

We rescued her as a kitten at 8 weeks old from someone who was using her as alsatian bait (wont go into details) and she has been pampered for 15 1/2 years, can't stop bawling - made worse by the other two who are walking around the house looking for her :-(

.DAVID.

Been one week today since we had to let our beautiful lady 'C-Fer' go (very rapid mouth cancer - 2 weeks from discovery to. . . . ) she is now playing with her old friend Tribal in the garden.

_DSC8077-XL.jpg

We rescued her as a kitten at 8 weeks old from someone who was using her as alsatian bait (wont go into details) and she has been pampered for 15 1/2 years, can't stop bawling - made worse by the other two who are walking around the house looking for her :-(

.DAVID.

I know & feel your pain. Been there a few times myself.

Draw a little comfort that you gave her love & a good home for 15 years.

_DSC8077-XL.jpg

.DAVID.

RIP C-fer (great name btw :LOL:). Beautiful looking cat. I'm sure she loved you just as much as you did her.

Here's our two. One boy and one girl that are both heading to the vets soon to prevent a load of kittens arriving in the near future!

Ringo1%20resized-L.jpg

Pouncer3%20resized-L.jpg

_DSC8077-XL.jpg

.DAVID.

Really feel for you David, she was a real bonny lass.
I went through the same situation 3 years back with my favourite Black Cat and I wept for weeks and weeks, just couldn't stop myself.
Still miss her to this day.
She had a great life with you and in time the pain will slowly ease.

Here are a couple I have of my cat, Olly, she turned 1 in March:

[

Still to get a proper good photo of her, myself, but the train one won a comp for my wife.

R.I.P. Chad - 2002 - 2013.

He had to be put to sleep yesterday after cancer has been found in his mouth, and it had spread to his gums.

I'm missing him so much as he always has been by my side, especially in the last three years since I became a stay-at-home carer.

Rest easy, Chad, now that you are under The Great Catnip Tree In The Sky. I'm still a blubbering wreck, though.

46467_10151499052676160_373176001_n.jpg

He had a thing for hiding under newspapers . . .

398322_10151053784556160_1965900781_n.jpg

But other than all that, he was like this 98% of the time.

198442_10150102531981160_533738_n.jpg

See you on the other side, Chad, I won't forget you. :crying:

Awwww, thanks for all the lovely comment about Chad. I think I've got over the big tears as I now think of all the good times I've had with him and there were plenty of them.
I've put together a web page in honour of his memory, it's really for my own benefit as well as somewhere to store some of the many photos I've taken of him, as it felt like a proper closure. Of course, I still miss the little dude so much, I keep expecting him to hop onto my lap right now then it hits me.
He has been buried in the back yard, his favourite part of the garden, so it does feel like he's still about in spirit. :)

All the same, it's never easy losing a loved pet.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear about your loss, Ian. I lost my loved cat on the 16th July this year. She was born in my bed and passed away next to me. She had a short life (five years) and it felt so cruel and unfair (she was hit by a car) as she was the loveliest person I've met without a bad bone in her body.

I am a massive cat lover. I still have her mum and her brother, and they too are still grieving, as they all loved each other. It's quite soon but I took the opportunity to get a puppy. She's given me a new light in my life :)

Back