Catching Zeds

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Still getting used to the sigma f1.4 art. Luke was flat out in his pram a couple of nights ago after just being fed, so bounced some light off the ceiling (was afraid Id get too much shadow from the hood of the pram as it was up, but worked out fine), ran a pastel action I created in photoshop, then a gradient black and white action I created in photoshop and pushed up contrast to +72. Think I might combine the 3 actions into one to get this effect as its really growing on me.

Camera: 6d, flash was YN568EXII, Sigma 35mm prime F1.4 @ F1.4, 160th sec, 1/64th flash as I didnt want to wake him up so had to use 1600ISO to help out the flash

15889179582_3913c4bf01_b.jpg

Thanks for popping in

Yes - like the composition and processing - definitely one for the family album.

?as you will have the opportunity to take it again then - for me - the focus point could do with being a bit further back so that the top of the head is in focus too, at the expense of losing focus on the top button?

Just a thought ....

Yes - like the composition and processing - definitely one for the family album.

?as you will have the opportunity to take it again then - for me - the focus point could do with being a bit further back so that the top of the head is in focus too, at the expense of losing focus on the top button?

Just a thought ....
agree chris, am still finding it a bugger with the shallow dof, i even set the focus point to the top as well. More practice though :)

thanks for commenting fella and cheers david, am liking it so far though not getting enough shots at the moment, hopefully over the weekend

Back