Chatham dockyard

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I am not really a nautical person, but on a crisp Autumn day, some things strike you as quite pretty.

Once again, any critique most welcome.

I quite like them, the first one especially, the colours are great :)

Nice set of shots, great colours etc.. Was this near a pub/hotel by any chance?

If so I have stayed right by where these are mored.

Hi Simon, yes, they are moored next to the Ship and Trades pub/restaurant in the Chatham Maritime area.

Thanks for the comments.

Thanks Andy! I thought so.. Did they ever start the flats on the pontoons? They were going to be building tower blocks there a few years ago.. Lovely spot. Before breakfast some jellyfish were passing through, right there...

Thanks Andy! I thought so.. Did they ever start the flats on the pontoons? They were going to be building tower blocks there a few years ago.. Lovely spot. Before breakfast some jellyfish were passing through, right there...

I think the small inlets used to be nuclear submarine pens, and the tower blocks are built between two of them, along with "luxury" flats and restaurants. You still get lots of small jellyfish, and shoals of sizeable Grey Mullet in the the inlets.

This is one of the towers, notice the skilful way which I have made it resemble that famous monument in Pisa:

This is the wonderful Medway Riviera, playground of the rich and famous. I have ignored the old "rule of thirds", and gone for a "game of two halves" approach to this shot.

Back