Cheap sandisk extreme 3 cf cards

Edit My Images
No
hmmm... "Condition - Refurbished"

???

DB

oh god they could reveal any number of horrors

anyone know expected life span of these things? should i turf it or try it for a while?

well i guess at least i didnt pull the trigger on the d700 in the classifieds, then id really be out of pocket

I bought 2... I'm assuming from the text etc, that 'refurbished' means 'in boxes that were pulled from woolie's shelves, so may be a little tatty' or something along those lines.

I'll updte when they arrive :p

from the specification

"These are refurbished Sandisk memory cards which means they have been returned to Sandisk from retail outlets, tested by Sandisk, and deemed to be in perfect working order. It's not possible, as far as we are aware, for Sandisk to repair a card that isn't working so we can assume that all of these returns are either the result of user error, incompatibility with the hardware purchased or damaged packaging. The end result is that they represent the cheapest possible way of buying the popular Sandisk brand of digital storage. All cards come with a full 12-month warranty, exactly the same as if we were selling a brand new product."

yeah... if it didn't have the warranty, I wouldn't trust it, but the fact they're prepared to still give it a warranty speaks volumes to me :)

edit: most flash memory has about a minimum of 100k read/write cycles unless you really abuse it... so about the same number of clicks as your camera's shutter :p

Last edited:
Sandisk cards are normally guaranteed for 10 years not 1 year. That said, for the price paid as long as you don't lose important pictures who cares if it only lasts a year.

Play.com have free delivery at the moment. I just bought two Extreme III 4Gb cards for £17.99 each and 2 x Extreme III 16Gb for £59 each

Just checked and the price of the 4Gb has gone back up to £30, but the 16Gb is still at £59 - which makes it a bargain!

and therein lies the rub...

Eh, I'll chkdsk and run image recovery software on the cards, and if anything feels dodgy return them under distance seller regs :)

Will update you...

edit:
Extreme4 cards have a lifetime warranty.
and at that price, they should do :p

Play.com have free delivery at the moment. I just bought two Extreme III 4Gb cards for £17.99 each and 2 x Extreme III 16Gb for £59 each

Just checked and the price of the 4Gb has gone back up to £30, but the 16Gb is still at £59 - which makes it a bargain!

The 4GB is still at £14.99 on both play and amazon. Have just purchased one :)

The 4GB is still at £14.99 on both play and amazon. Have just purchased one :)

I agree with Chumpalot best pay the extra £3 and get 10 year warranty, than just one year and risk the loss of data on sub standard refurbs which should be alot cheaper than £11

any update on these? mine arrived but not used it yet and dont have recovery software to see waht they may have been. didnt even come in wee plastic case which is annoying. damn my impulsive buying

any update on these? mine arrived but not used it yet and dont have recovery software to see waht they may have been. didnt even come in wee plastic case which is annoying. damn my impulsive buying

PM me your address, i have a spare recovery CD i will send down FOC

I cant believe they are £30 now for a 4gb CF EXIII.
I paid £15 each for mine from play 12 months ago. Bonus :D

they're back down to £18 on Amazon, after being around £24 for a few days...

very nice of you whitey but im a bit out of the way :(

In derby from august though

mine arrived pretty quickly, no accessories (no plastic case or recovery pro), with a 'refurb' stamp on the back.

I chkdsk'd and ran photorec on them both, from what I can tell, they're brand new...I'm happy with them and will trust them.

16gb are back up on play damn....

hehe, yea, expensive though, and a bit too much like putting all your eggs in one basket for my liking tbh...

Back