Cheetah Cubs at Chester zoo then and now

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi here's a recent one of the Cheetah Cubs at Chester zoo all grown up and a couple from last year to show the difference
they have done really well

14951159404_7af2e39e7c_c.jpg

15571915965_e4f0d04938_c.jpg

15386266070_31444888f6_c.jpg

Its a shame they grow up so quick

LIFE SPAN "Smithsonians"
In zoos, cheetahs may live up to 17 years, though the average is 8 to 12. No one has studied cheetah longevity in the wild, though cub mortality is very high and about 90 percent die before they are 3 months old.

Last edited:
All beautiful but love the third. You were getting stared DOWN by that cub on the left!

Its a shame they grow up so quick

LIFE SPAN "Smithsonians"
In zoos, cheetahs may live up to 17 years, though the average is 8 to 12. No one has studied cheetah longevity in the wild, though cub mortality is very high and about 90 percent die before they are 3 months old.

Thanks Shaun:) and for the facts too
I knew that cheetah cubs had a hard start in life but I didn't realise that 90 percent didn't survive

Always love seeing your Cheetah shots Pete. These have been posted before haven't they (even the "cheat" shot ;) )

Always love seeing your Cheetah shots Pete. These have been posted before haven't they (even the "cheat" shot ;) )

Hi Neil sorry you are right i have posted them before I lose track of what i have done:)
I will add some new shots later, am going again today hopefully I will see them out

Last edited:
Great shots Pete, don't recall seeing that 3rd one before but I love the eye contact from the cubs while the mum's happily cleaning away. Wonder if we'll get another litter(?) soon?

Great shots Pete, don't recall seeing that 3rd one before but I love the eye contact from the cubs while the mum's happily cleaning away. Wonder if we'll get another litter(?) soon?

Thanks Matt
at the moment the cubs are still at Chester I guess that they won't be able to try breeding them again until these ones have moved on to another zoo
I don't think that they have any more space
don't think that it will be long before these cubs are moved on tho so as you say will be great to see little ones again:)

Very Pete :)
I love the "now and then" idea, (y)

I may have to drag out a few Lynx ones ;)

thanks Chris please do I don't see lynx very often:)
Obviously I meant very nice Pete not just very :D

I'll have a look later and see what I can find,
and I'll stick a thread up :)

14965416283_db458d7d03_c.jpg

15399448368_8bccd8e49b_c.jpg

15582910781_ecc40251e2_c.jpg

here's some more from the last couple of weeks:):)
the last two are focus stacked from two shots

Last edited:
Obviously I meant very nice Pete not just very :D

I'll have a look later and see what I can find,
and I'll stick a thread up :)

no worries Chris I know what you meant:)

And another nice set (y)

thought that I had better mention if anyone is thinking of making the trip to see the cubs they are off show now
they have been moved to another enclosure as the keepers are now trying to get the other female Cheetah to breed in the main enclosure

I just opened this thread and all I hear was 'aaaawwwwhhhhhh'... the wife was looking too lol. Nice shots with lovely detail. It's good youre keeping us up to day with them (y)

I just opened this thread and all I hear was 'aaaawwwwhhhhhh'... the wife was looking too lol. Nice shots with lovely detail. It's good youre keeping us up to day with them (y)

thanks Mike they are really cute when they are little:)

It's lovely to see their progression, and you have shown it beautifully Pete, trouble is when there are
cubs about I bet you are like me and spend far too much time at the zoo.
I did with both Whipsnade's cheetah and lynx kits over the years, shame they don't
have any at the moment

It's lovely to see their progression, and you have shown it beautifully Pete, trouble is when there are
cubs about I bet you are like me and spend far too much time at the zoo.
I did with both Whipsnade's cheetah and lynx kits over the years, shame they don't
have any at the moment

Thanks' Ingrid yes I've spent far too much time watching them:D
I don't mind tho its fun watching them racing round playing:)

That 3rd shot is just about the cutest thing ever!

That 3rd shot is just about the cutest thing ever!
thanks Ruth:)
I forgot to say that the 3rd one is a pano not a crop, I managed to get two shots of them lined up and stitched them together:)

Back