Chenonceaux Chateau

I like it. I like the symmetry that the waterline gives - in fact, a gentle crop from the top would put the waterline exactly in the middle and the balloons (and their reflections) are close enough to the thirds to please that part of the mind. Clear blue skies aren't the most interesting but pretty sure nobody here can control that sort of thing!

Looks straight to me. I think the incline on the land right hand side is misleading.
Andt it's a wide shot of a chateau which happens to include a couple of balloons in flight.
One thing I might have done is crop the bottom just below the left hand balloon to move the waterline further away from central, but that's because I rarely like a 50/50 split.

I don't think it's straight, and to be frank it is a very wide shot of a balloon and it's reflection.
I agree parts of it, the tower to the right, don't look straight, so I used the horizontal roof of the main chateau as my guide

Last edited:
It's a great subject matter. Gear building/reflections but

1. It's squint
2. The foliage on the lhs is distracting
3. It's way under exp vas too dark - it looks depressing when it should be bright, colourful and uplifting - all things ballons imply
4. It's too wide, too much dead space on the lhs

Back