Chester Zoo 09/04/2008 56K? Run AWAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I was gonna caption these, but i cant be arsed. No PS work, just straight JPEGS!!!!!!

So let me know what u guys think, im quite impressed with these. they are the best of 365 shots!!!!

DSCF2254.jpg

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2264.jpg

DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2277.jpg

DSCF2312.jpg

DSCF2317.jpg

DSCF2319.jpg

DSCF2321.jpg

DSCF2336.jpg

2, 3, 5 and 7 :)

Number your shots!! I must have counted 4 times :D

Loving these pictures. They all seem to have a real innocent, childish theme to them. Not necessarily the style of photo, just the expressions on the animals faces and the way they seem to be acting. The sleeping Lion, all the Elephant ones and the last one are my favorites. Never been Chester Zoo but when I get my car sorted... your pics have put it on the defo to do list.

Some nice poses and compositions (y)(y)but just about every one is soft or oof.

The lion, Number 4 for me (y)

Now I might be going daft, but havent you posted the same series of images twice? 1=23, 2=24 etc...

Think that may have had something to do with the compression through photobucket?????

Yeh, some maybe but some have obviously been taken with too slow a shutter speed and suffer from camera shake, causing oofness

hmmm, i'm gonna go against the grain on the majority of these because technically, most are not good / well thought out shots, there are a couple of exceptions, but IMO, the best way to take pics of captive animals is to try to eliminate their surroundings (fences / people etc), you should try to make it look as natural as possible, this may mean you need to zoom in close to them to remove obstructions (which you have done on some). I quite like no's 23 and 26 though (the lion and the sealion).

Please don't take my opinion personally, it's only my opinion and may be ignored hehe.

Some of them are pretty good (y)
But as has already been mentioned some are OOF some are soft and the 1st Rhino's the shutter speed is far too low producing camera shake.
The flamingo's unfortunately you have taken the head off and the other one is obviously camera shy :D
The composition also needs a little work with regard to removing unwanted " things in the frame"
But hell you should have seen some of my first attempts :bang:

hmmm, i'm gonna go against the grain on the majority of these because technically, most are not good / well thought out shots, there are a couple of exceptions, but IMO, the best way to take pics of captive animals is to try to eliminate their surroundings (fences / people etc), you should try to make it look as natural as possible, this may mean you need to zoom in close to them to remove obstructions (which you have done on some). I quite like no's 23 and 26 though (the lion and the sealion).

Please don't take my opinion personally, it's only my opinion and may be ignored hehe.

As you have said he has done this on quite a few of them, and those are the best shots. Perhaps if he had only uploaded those :) My modem is still smoking hot!!! :geek:

for me......
Meer cat, Strange rodent thing(sorry, don't know what it is but it's a crackin shot!), Baby elephant splashing (awesome shot, really love that!) The Loin and the robin,

Some look a little soft but tis a good set you got there (y) Looks like you had a great day out.

is that a three legged giraffe?????

There are a lot of photos to get through looks like you had a great day and produced some good shots. The negatives have already been pointed out as regards focus but composition on some like the close up on the seal and the lion laying down are very good. Keep it up (y)

Back