Chesterton Windmill

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
I've been here quite a few times now as it's only 15 mins from the house, I've always found it hard to get a decent foreground (with the exception of the summer when crops are planted in the fields, but I was busy then!) so I got my walking boots on today and went for a good old fashioned look about.

The Mill on The Hill
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

And as a little bonus, here is a shot I took earlier while looking for a good vantage point.

STU_1838.jpg

Like the 1st, simple but good colours and very nice.
Nice light on the 2nd but it doesn't have quite the same appeal ... wonder if the tree had a little more separation? :thinking:

Stu;

The composition is lovely, but it's the colours that are simply amazing....! That first post the slightly muted colours in the sky are fabulous, and the light on the land is utterly superb!

WOOOW

Regards;
Peter

Cheers all. Gramps, the 2nd one is more of a snapshot I took which I thought to share as it'll never leave my hard drive otherwise! What I needed really was a much longer lens to zoom into just the sheep top left, I like the long shadows.

Hi Stu,

I really like the first one, wonderful colours and a lovely clean and simple image. Good work.

Love the first one, pushing the boundaries to the surreal,----- #2 is a wonderful landscape, but for me in the wrong place at the wrong time and outdone by #1,

Geoff

Back