Circuit Board Details

Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't posted on here for a while so decided to take a few shots of various indoor items.

This is from the back of an old HDD I was going to open to get some shots:

Circuit Board Details-15465
by petersmart on Talk Photography
I was going to print it straight but then decided I preferred it slanted.

Taken on the Canon 1Ds MkII with the Canon f1.8 50mm lens and Kenko extension tubes.

It also shows just how good the f1.8 50mm lens coupled with extension tubes is for macro photos.
.​

Last edited:
I like that Peter plenty of detail and lit very well.

I was just going to put a shot virtually the same in the forum when I saw this and thought s**t someone's beat me to it. "Great stuff".(y)

George.

Very nice shot of Silicon Valley... would be interested in a lower POV on it too really make it look like a City.

But great detail pulled out of the 50mm 1.8... how many tubes did you use?

Very nice shot of Silicon Valley... would be interested in a lower POV on it too really make it look like a City.

But great detail pulled out of the 50mm 1.8... how many tubes did you use?

I think it was 3 which means that on the sensor the image was larger than 1:1 - and I've always found that the 50mm f1.8 lens and tubes can get some really great shots.

Nice one, I agree with Bryn though. Shooting from a lower angle rather than flat against the surface might add to the interest.

Unfortunately shooting at a lower angle was not really an option due to the extremely limited space of the board.

I might have another go if I can find a bigger circuit board as I find the incredibly small components really fascinating.

Back