City and Guild Level 1 - Butterflies, part 2

Edit My Images
Yes
These are the entries I am thinking of using for my City and Guilds 1

I am posting them in their raw state first.

Any advice on what to do etc, or even if you dont think they will make the grade will be appreciated.

I am making 3 threads, with 1 with 3 photos on it, one with 2, and I am undecided so a separate thread for that.

I have to submit 6.

I have broken it down into 3 threads as I didnt want to over load any one.

Thanks

DSC_0745 by jomantha, on Flickr

this one I would like to remove the large green leaf behind the butterfly while leaving the butterfly sat on the big leaf?? any tips??

I am torn between these 2

DSC_0575 by jomantha, on Flickr

DSC_0582 by jomantha, on Flickr

Hi. What are you meant to be demonstrating for this project? If these are wildlife shots, I think #3 has the problem of the very light bg and the inset somewhat underexposed. #2 I think the angle make the composition look awkward and its busy with all that fruit on thet able. #1 I prefer. I wouldn't clone out the leaf, but I might crop the lhs and rhs and make it more portrait and crop to make the inset bigger in the shot - if you have the pixels to do it.

Thanks so much for your input.

The topic is nature, I just like butterflies really, so I ended up with butterflies.

I prefer number 1 too, I think I am going to have to get back up to the zoo and get some more pictures, the 3 on the other thread are far better than the last 2 on this one.

The problem is for these, I am working with an 18-55 lens and thats not ideal for this sort of picture.

Back