clitheroe

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

from the castle

cheers
geoff

Good sharp image there Geoff, I prefer the color image myself.

Good sharp image there Geoff, I prefer the color image myself.

thanks Steve...so do i...its more carnival
but for the forumites here who know quite a bit about black to white i like to get their comments

cheers
geoff

I like B&W shots but the colour really stands out so you're looking in various places which seems to appeal more. Just too much going on for B&W IMO.

I like B&W shots but the colour really stands out so you're looking in various places which seems to appeal more. Just too much going on for B&W IMO.

that is good feedback Tony
i need to remember that and having pointed it out it does seem a bit obvious

cheers
geoff

Nice shot. I'd crop it a bit on all sides to put emphasise the busy-ness and lose the some of the uninteresting bit of road and houses in the far distance - and put the pub at the bend in the road over to the left. I'd also tweak the levels midpoint a bit as the light is rather flat; nearly everything happens in the second quartile of the histogram.
.. but that's just me.

I did a super quick edit to show what I meant but flickr's having a day off.

For me the mono is too busy and contrasty.

This is a street I drive down many times :) Looks better in colour IMHO but for me its annoyingly ever so slightly tilted.. just needs a smidge of a straighten... might be me.. just seems ever so slightly off ..

There's something very striking about the mono, it just works. I don't know why, the lights flat, there's a hell of a lot going on but it's a strong image and nice to have both

thanks Steve
perhaps in the black to white i could have done a bit of dodging or whatever to get some directional effect from the available light

cheers
geoff

Nice shot. I'd crop it a bit on all sides to put emphasise the busy-ness and lose the some of the uninteresting bit of road and houses in the far distance - and put the pub at the bend in the road over to the left. I'd also tweak the levels midpoint a bit as the light is rather flat; nearly everything happens in the second quartile of the histogram.
.. but that's just me.

I did a super quick edit to show what I meant but flickr's having a day off.

For me the mono is too busy and contrasty.

thanks Simon
thats a really constructive critique and one i can use to work on an edit
i would have liked to see your edit...for me i use pix.ie for decent and easy to work with uploads...try it ...its free

cheers
geoff

This is a street I drive down many times :) Looks better in colour IMHO but for me its annoyingly ever so slightly tilted.. just needs a smidge of a straighten... might be me.. just seems ever so slightly off ..

thanks KIPAX
i had a real good squint at it and i feel you are right...its not just a tropical illusion
judging by the verticals on some of the buildings it has a a/c rotation...ever so slight...but worrying
where are you bound for on your journey?
cheers
geoff

Not quite sure this is quite right but you get the idea. Crop out distracting bright green at top, remove dull stuff on all sides and position the bend in the road at the intersection of two thirds lines, plus a slight contrast boost.

Clithero by juggler100, on Flickr

like it!!..thanks Simon
sooooooooooo hard to carve up your own stuff and see it clearly at times..
good work and a lesson to me as well
thanks for that edit
cheers
geoff

like it!!..thanks Simon
sooooooooooo hard to carve up your own stuff and see it clearly at times..
good work and a lesson to me as well
thanks for that edit
cheers
geoff

Don't I know it! A slightly odd but useful tip I was given for editing after the event was half close your eyes and squint at the picture. Which bits stand out? Do they add or distract? Do they land on the traditional golden points?

Alternatively close your eyes completely, reopen and work out what they are immediately drawn to.

Don't I know it! A slightly odd but useful tip I was given for editing after the event was half close your eyes and squint at the picture. Which bits stand out? Do they add or distract? Do they land on the traditional golden points?

Alternatively close your eyes completely, reopen and work out what they are immediately drawn to.

brilliant!
glad we all talk to each other ...as iron sharpens iron etc

cheers
geoff

that's a cool image
I personally prefer the colour

that's a cool image
I personally prefer the colour

thanks dave...and a good critique word...cool!!
i prefer the colour but sometimes i put in the black to white to get some feedback on my b>w conversion technique...which isnt always up to the real deal
cheers
geoff

Back