B&W Cloud Forest, St. Helena

The weather has certainly made for an attractive landscape there Adrian, what is the colour version like, it is a very atmospheric image. I think the shot would benefit from a subject that shows of the scale and size of the trees in the landscape, a person or building maybe?

The weather has certainly made for an attractive landscape there Adrian, what is the colour version like, it is a very atmospheric image. I think the shot would benefit from a subject that shows of the scale and size of the trees in the landscape, a person or building maybe?
I haven't processed this particular image yet as a colour version - I've done a few others as both. Preferred the tonal range I was getting with the B&W versions. My Flickr stream has a similar shot processed as both colour and B&W. I'm not altogether happy with any of the colour images so far. The light is very flat. Very pot-luck as to what the weather will be like as you move around the island - each valley seems to have its own micro-climate. The centre of the island is generally cloud-capped. Have only seen Diana's Peak (the highest point on St. Helena) once in the time we've been here (almost a month now).

Interesting comment regarding the lack of scale. Something I'll certainly consider. Thanks for the feedback.

I like it a lot. I have looked at you flickr page and agree the B&W versions work better.

Back