coal tit

Name
ian
Edit My Images
No
as title
hicky2157.jpg

regards ian

Nice capture Ian just a pity about the blown whites.

i know i need a better editing program rich
been told elements is a friendly prog
regards ian

not for me I am afraid, whites are blown, and the bird apart from head is annoyingly out of focus
sorry

They're a lovely little bird Ian, but can be difficult to get right. Elements is a good program for sure, but to be honest, you have lost the detail in the whites by over exposing them, I doubt very much that any software can bring the whites back on this one. When the light is contrasty like this, try dialing some negative EC in the camera to compensate, or underexpose by a stop or so if you are shooting in manual. Good try though (y)

i like it ian, the blown whites can be easliy brought back, even in dpp which you get with the camera when bought, matt

i like it ian, the blown whites can be easliy brought back, even in dpp which you get with the camera when bought, matt

I am no expert but if those whites are blown you will struggle to get them back whatever you use ???

im not either but you can get them back to an extent where they look half decent using shadows and highlights

Detail CAN hide in dark shadowy places but NOT in blown white areas.....even if you shoot Raw.
The detail in the dark areas can be recovered in the Raw processor easily.
But as others have said it's not only the highlights that the problem here though....just keep shooting using a lot more different settings and look what suits you camera/lens.

keith (y)

Nice shot - interesting light and setting (y)

Back