Critique Coal tit

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
ss1/2000 f5 iso 5000 set up at feeders in woodland no hide HH. processed in canon's DPP4.6

I do love coal tits they seem plucky little guys that evreyone is bigger than, and everyone pushes about,leastways at feeders. Tricky place in woodland but great fun with such tame birds to chill with and try for an image or two

_70F5918 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

cheers for previous thoughts and wisdom

stu

Lovely perch Stu..nice to see you someone using DPP4 ....Tried myself but just dontseem to be able to get a workflow i am happy with

Lovely perch Stu..nice to see you someone using DPP4 ....Tried myself but just dontseem to be able to get a workflow i am happy with

Den you are way further on than me anyway,but DPP is a real sound base to work up from,ha ha mate leastways it seems that way to me:). Den I wrote something out for john in the processing section (very basic I am getting my head around all this),it might be worth looking. but you seem to be going great guns on post buddy so it's not like there is a need to change much,again IMHO I still want to go further than this Den but simply can't at the moment to be able to selectively do things, would be so cool.

Anyway cheers on me perch:) it's amazing what is there lying on the ground if one looks. I probably spend too much time looking for nice sticks but why not for a feeder type image. Lets face it there is a bird a stick and an OOF bkg in this image, may as well grab a nice stick:D

cheers

stu

Hi Stu,
Agree with your comments.is the bird a little soft?

TFS

Maybe john, dof at maybe 3/4 meters is way too thin really:(, but ss is still too slow speedy buggers and 5000 is pushing it on the iso. John I will look genuine thanks I thought it was ok ,but know that dof is so damn thin that might be a player???? This place is a dawn spring shoot or a fight for light,it's clear blues skies for the earlier part of the day jon too bright out side ,but ahh ya know brit woodlands ;)but it's lovely to just sit with em

thanks mate I'll have a look soon:)

take care kiddo

stu

Back