Coastal Boats

Edit My Images
Yes
4160252737_916e2d2f3e.jpg

Large
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2609/4160252737_ae37e57dd5_o.jpg

Last edited:
Is that HDR and where did you find that Sun?

A lovely image.:clap:

That's an outstandingly done HDR, well done.

Congrats on a fab image and finding the Sun.:)

its like a cross between a postcard and a painting - great shot

ok, have you thought about seeing if the tourist people etc would be interested in your work?

Nice shot - love the sky!

Did you do the HDR from 1 shot and create the additional exposures frm the RAW image or did you take 3+ shots?

Thanks

Last edited:
Again another cracking HDR shot of yours. Love the range of colours (the larger version does it more justice). In addition to the software and technique you have mentioned, can I ask what body and lens you are using in your HDR shots.

Yep I like these, very bold sky and strong yet subtle colours....if you know what I mean

I like it, Neil, but I'd bring the exposure on the foreground and selectively on the boats down a fraction.

I am reading these glowing comments and thinking they must be looking at another picture. :thinking:

After a look at the big 'un I see they are not. I think you have rendered the scen well as far as exposure is concerned but find the composition lacking. Two and a half boats? ...... What else is this picture telling me? ..... They are on a beach....... There is a sky above them...... a nice sky but not a particularly interesting one.........

I think you should have gone to work on your subject a bit longer. Exhaust every single angle and opportunity until you believe there are no more photos to be had from this scene....... and only then you will find the picture you were seeking.

Says the bloke who has the luxury of being up in the air with a camera. I found the picture i was seeking and i'm very happy with it , Sigh can't please everyone

Says the bloke who has the luxury of being up in the air with a camera. I found the picture i was seeking and i'm very happy with it , Sigh can't please everyone

:thinking:

When in the air or on the ground I try to follow similar rules. My images must stand up as a good image if I want any critical or monetary reward. I do not always achieve either but STRIVE TO DO SO. God gave me two ears and one mouth and I try to use them in that ratio.
(y)

Very nice. Your HDR work is very 'painterly'. Its funny, Gary is doing a very different style of work to you, often brilliant too, and sometimes quite abstract, but in a very different way. I understand what he is saying about the cut-off boat, and agree with him less about the sky, but think that he is missing an/the essential point - that is that you take risks with compositions , and break rules in a way that can both jar the eye, yet also intrigue. You don't do the obvious...you just sidestep it, and your take is always just a little offbeat. I think you have a terrific eye, and I am more than a little envious of it!

Last edited:
Back