Coconut Suet feeders... they're great!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I regularly use suet feeders at my table, but on Friday I purchased a set of four coconut suet feeders, and the tits love them. I have placed one or two at strategic points such that there's a nice enough bokeh, and no other distractions - as long as the birds land and feed on the correct (left in this case) side of the feeder.

Here's a Blue Tit from this morning.

These are really good John but only trouble I found with them is sometimes a chunk of the suet falls out about halfway through and the dog then makes himself sick on it ... :shrug:

:p

These are really good John but only trouble I found with them is sometimes a chunk of the suet falls out about halfway through and the dog then makes himself sick on it ... :shrug:

:p
D'ya know Ven - when I took these out of the packaging one of them came loose and I thought I might have trouble with them. They've been OK up to now, and thankfully we've made sure the dogs (4 x KCCavs) cannot get to the bird table area - which is an intentionally left rough and wild patch of our garden (not that the rest of it is much nicer :) )

What lovely colours.
Thanks Gary - I should really remember to use the custom settings on my E-3 such that I turn the saturation down when it's a tad brighter outside. I have this set to +2 at the moment as most of the time it's white, bright yet not sunny and so sometimes the colours can be a tad undersaturated.

Appreciate I can fix this in LR or PS, but this one was done quickly and I well... just left it :)

Back