Colchester Birds

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
These were all taken at Colchester in September. It was international vulture day which made me happy as I LOVE vultures. We don't normally watch the bird shows at Colchester but we did this time and it was very enjoyable. All taken with my D7000 and 70-300 lens. C&C always welcome.

DSC_5360
by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5391

DSC_5550

DSC_5535

DSC_5543

DSC_5402a

Thanks for looking :)

Some very good shots, a pity about the lack of colour in the sky but you have to work with what you have got.

Sharp shots with no obstructions. I find Colchester Zoo's display to be a bit too challenging as you're usually shooting towards the sun (hence no colour in the sky) and often the vultures barely clear the crowd and surrounding fixtures, so I think you've done well (y)

Some very good shots, a pity about the lack of colour in the sky but you have to work with what you have got.

Thanks Mark - as you say, had to work with the weather on the day which was resolutely grey!!

Sharp shots with no obstructions. I find Colchester Zoo's display to be a bit too challenging as you're usually shooting towards the sun (hence no colour in the sky) and often the vultures barely clear the crowd and surrounding fixtures, so I think you've done well (y)

Very true - it is not the biggest / easiest area to shoot in but I thought the shows themselves were great and there were a couple of good opportunities with the birds being so close.

Back