colchester zoo (:

you cant get up to the nests, but you can see them from about 30ft away :) had three nesting pairs there this year, i spotted my last one in september i believe possibly october :), and yeahh would be really good to get a group for the zoo, would love some free camera tuitions from everyone haha :D

tankingfisher said:
At the moment ticket for an adult is only £9.99 for winter, £15.99 summer, gold season ticket is 40 odd I believe

Cheers, must make a trip up there sometime soon.

love the first shot! the little guy is so cute, especially its eyes! I've been to Chester Zoo for once, and I really enjoyed it, except I don't have a fine camera to catch all those I liked then. And when I had a fine camera finally, I found myself too busy to go there again! What a pity!

aww cheers mate :) was colchester zoo though not chester :D never been there actually... its worth a visit i take it?

had a peek mate, love the king vulture, and the snow leopards, where were they i didnt see them at colchester?

the snow leopards are actually amur leopards, Colchester has two of them in back to back enclosures on the massive hill nearish to the lion enclosure. King vulture is at the back, between the komodo dragons and wolves next door to the andean condors.

did you mean tomorrow? or should we waait till we have a few takers?, will have to get a season ticket mysel i think

How about we wait for a few takers? I've just been lumbered with a load of clearing up to do today, unfortunately.

We could start a thread in the 'Meeting Place' section.

If I was to bring just 1 lens to Colchester zoo which one should it be? The 300 F2.8L or the 70-200 F4L (on a 7D).

Thanks

If I was to bring just 1 lens to Colchester zoo which one should it be? The 300 F2.8L or the 70-200 F4L (on a 7D).

Thanks

The 300 would do for most situations. If you've got a TC, then I'd suggest popping that in your pocket, too.

mr_pants said:
The 300 would do for most situations. If you've got a TC, then I'd suggest popping that in your pocket, too.

Tc?? Scuse my ignorance lol, meet up would be good :D

Sorry for late reply, actually ended up at the zoo today with the wife kids and one of her friends. I'm a teacher but half term isn't that far away and the wife has promised that I can have a day away to shoot the zoo properly so I'll check out the meeting place or someone please send me a pm and I'll try to make it of I can.

It's cool, and ahh awesome, did you see many animals? And yeahh half terms cool, I'm a carer and I work in a pet shop too, so it's kind of pot luck when my days of are, I'm sure I'll find one in the half term :D

Hello Joe, good to see you here (y)

I recognized some of the work you showed me at Lackford last Wedneday 11th.

Looks like your settling in here, they're a very nice bunch of helpful people :)

Hey, yeahh everyone here is really friendly, thanks a lot for our advice the other day :) let me know when your going again and If you like I'll come aswell, if I'm not working that is :D

Will do Joe, but it probably wont be before the weather improves considerably :)

toonamp said:
Will do Joe, but it probably wont be before the weather improves considerably :)

Yeahh I know why you mean, I went up there yeaterday, saw the kingfisher up in bess' hide but was too far to get a shot /:

Back