Color! Street Photography

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I’ve been wanting to do some real street photography, but work disallowed that, so when my wife was doing the Color Run this past weekend at the NEC Birmingham, I jumped at the chance to click some off. Initially started with the 85mm, but fell back to the trusty 70-200 f4. No time for framing sometimes as the moment was there and gone. It was only when I returned home that I realised I’d been shooting 1 stop under, so had to tweak 90% - at least shooting RAW there was some data to be reaped! I haven’t had much time to re-crop, so there’s probably a few that need further tweaks, but thought I’d throw them out there. An absolute cornucopia of opportunities - I’d certainly recommend a local one if you’re about. Onto the show - got a fave? I know mine is…

DBK_ColorRun_8811.jpg

01 I’m on the ’phone daddy!

DBK_ColorRun_8984.jpg

02 The easy way

DBK_ColorRun_9092.jpg

03 If I see any more pink…

DBK_ColorRun_9116.jpg

04 Have that!

DBK_ColorRun_9169.jpg

05 Missed a bit

DBK_ColorRun_9370.jpg

06 Plastered

DBK_ColorRun_9417.jpg

07 Architectural Paint

DBK_ColorRun_9477.jpg

08 Done and dusted

Last edited:
Oh wow I love these shots. We had something like this recently but unfortunate I had an accident and missed it. Do you have a flickr page with more street work? Great job and I have to say I am really impressed with the 70-200 f4 lens. I have the 2.8 mark 2 but and love it but had no idea the f4 was so good.

(y)

:canon:

Great shots, I dont know about the title being "street-photography" as some are posed (to me street is about being discrete) but I think its a great set anyway - and shows off the day and what the day "Meant". I really like 'em.

Very colourful photos, well taken but you wouldn't get my lungs or camera kit anywhere near these events! :)

So that was the reason there weren’t many shooters - I saw one guy with a plastic bag around his lens. I was very aware of the wind direction and stayed out of the thick of it as much as possible. Only got a few flecks on the hood. Camera and lens are still in tip-top condition. Although would have given me a good reason to upgrade to the f2 :)
Maybe a 1200mm next time? :) I’d still recommend it - if you’re prepared (though if it’s windy I think I’d think again!) I think this girl had more of a problem with it getting into places she didn’t want it to…

DBK_ColorRun_9211.jpg

And I suppose I could have stood in the queue for this…

DBK_ColorRun_9382.jpg

The ‘street photo’ was a play on most of the time they're b&w, which certainly wouldn’t have worked in this day of colour :)

Dean

love the vibrance, the forum talked me out of taking my camera to one of these events.

Back