Colourful Bokeh, bugs I didn't even see and "Bring out your Dead" !

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
1.. A boring fly shot I know, but I loved the colours from the background on this image, really helps "pop" out the insect.
14742871503_54f9f2ee3d_b.jpg

2.. One of the best things about macro photography is the surprises it can yield. I was simply taking a close up of this beautiful wild flower because it has so many sub-flowers on the stem. Finding that there are tiny tiny little bugs living on there is such a bonus.
14720631694_c591489824_b.jpg

3.. Bring out your Dead !
14696443056_a11b6ea251_b.jpg

Not sure what happened to this poor fellow, I think its a wood louse? but he was about 5 foot up, in a tree. I can see some spider webs around so perhaps he/she was lunch and brought up from the ground. Nature is so fascinating.

Thanks for popping in. Im having a break for the next two days, got a lot going on with work but will pop in and see all your lovely work :) Have a great day guys and girls :)

Am really considering a macro lens - I've got quite into portraits of the kids recently and I was going to buy an 85mm 1.8....then I thought why don't I just get a 90mm tamron instead....

Enjoy your break :)

Am really considering a macro lens - I've got quite into portraits of the kids recently and I was going to buy an 85mm 1.8....then I thought why don't I just get a 90mm tamron instead....

Enjoy your break :)
just get a raynox and use a 50mm - almost as good IQ and can get in very close. I used a 31mm extension tube and the siggy (only because I've neglected it since i bought it).

Back onto the 50mm and raynox tomorrow.

just get a raynox and use a 50mm - almost as good IQ and can get in very close. I used a 31mm extension tube and the siggy (only because I've neglected it since i bought it).

Back onto the 50mm and raynox tomorrow.

I have to be honest I think your 50mm + Raynox images are better than these here... not saying these are not great cause they are but think you got better detail out of the other setup.

As for @damianmkv my tamron is only used with 1.4x TC and occasionally with 20mm tube to shoot butterflies etc that I need a bit more reach. But it is a very good portrait lens so has bit more use, think I may get rid of it at some stage and get a 70-200mm 2.8.

Back