comments on the new pm please

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
constructive critque on this photo much appreciated, and please feel free to change add or take away as you please (y)

primeminister12ng1.jpg

File name img177/196/primeminister12ng1.jpg
File size 321540 bytes
File date 22-Aug-2006 01:17:41
Camera make NIKON CORPORATION
Camera model NIKON D50
Date/Time 2006:08:21 15:26:11
Resolution 556 x 600
Flash No
Focal length 35.0mm (350/10)
Exposure time 0.006 s (10/1600)
Aperture f/6.3
Exposure bias 0.00 (0/100663296)
Metering Mode matrix
Jpeg Quality basic
Jpeg process Baseline

bless him...I would do that moody effect on this shot, its sort of sepia with exaggerated detail...it'll come to me, we discussed it yesterday. He has such a lovely face, I'd vote for him!

Here you go, the usual effort from me. Levels, curves, layers, b and w, crop, frame and burnt.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I like the B&W for this fellow but the crop feels a bit cramped for my liking. I prefer the original shot as you can see his surroundings a bit more. Also the tone on his face makes his skin look a bit dark to my eye.

Feel free to shoot me down though.

Cheers

Alex

Excellent shot that conveys a lot about his personality.

I'd like to see the missing bit of hat and would prefer the background a little more out of focus - but the background seems right for the context. Predictably I feel the colour version is so much better. A choice between a warm living interesting character and a cold graphic in my eyes.

I glanced at this thread earlier (I think) and could have sworn there were different comments in it to what there are now :thinking: :shrug: :need a getting old smiley:

Ahh sussed it ... this is the second post of this picture - was in sharing before.

RobertP said:
I glanced at this thread earlier (I think) and could have sworn there were different comments in it to what there are now :thinking: :shrug: :need a getting old smiley:

Ahh sussed it ... this is the second post of this picture - was in sharing before.

lol @ Robert, i just did exactly the same thing ! :)

Thought it was David Jason's brother for a moment. Rich character study. Every hair and must have a story to tell.

I think the original is the best of them, cropping out the England logo's not a good idea & pretty flat looking mono to (sorry Diego)

I like the depth of field, it's that way because it's shot at 35mm and i like knowing that he's on the street, and that's why short focal lengths rule the street.

Interesting processing jobe.

Makes it into an entirely different picture - and it still works.

no problem whatsoever jobe, i like it and it does work well (y)

Back