Compact Digital Camera

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
So, my girlfriends birthday is coming up in a few weeks.
She is after a new camera.

Her parents have a budget of around £100-£200.

Obviously she wants the best camera she can get for the money. So does anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking the Panasonic DMC-FS15? But to be honest, i dont have a clue about compact camera's.

Oh and last of all, if it comes in different colours, that would be good :bang:

the panasonic fz28 is discounted at moment , prob just above you upper limit

cracking camera for the money

She is after more of a smaller one (sorry i didnt say that!)

Mainly will be used for trips out, zoo etc. London - touristy things, concerts etc

If you don't want manual control - just a neat, small P&S with great pictures you can't go wrong with a Canon Ixus. Within budget also!

If you don't want manual control - just a neat, small P&S with great pictures you can't go wrong with a Canon Ixus. Within budget also!

:plus1:

Panasonic TZ6 or FX500/550, although these are at the higher end of your budget.

Fine cameras though...

I bought and still use a Panasonic TZ6. Same as the TZ7 but no HD movie or face recognition (like i need either of those!) Jessops recommended that camera to me and it was £169 6 months ago. It has a large Leia 25mm- 300mm f3.3 - f4.9 (i think) lens and superb Image quality especially close up/portrait distance. I love it although there's no AV or TV mode so you are stuck with what they give you for aperture. The Image stabiliser is superb and it is very well built. There are many shoot options like macro, sunset etc etc.

Here are a few images taken with said camera.
3743583346_88b7172ef4_o.jpg

3734409051_df9c8dc076_o.jpg

3574063714_9ff1409a15_o.jpg

Back