Critique Composition/ Cropping or Jog On. ???

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
A "snap" spotted today by a "beginner". No editing done apart from cropping.

My question is what would the " forum photographers " do:

1. Nothing to see here, don't stop, keep driving. :ROFLMAO:

2. Take photo's, "look" then press delete on all. :)

3. Crop/compose like any of below 1, 2, 3, or 4 or something else ? o_O

o_O

I can see what drew you to this location - lovely colours in the foliage echoed in the boats. However sometimes no matter how good the location it just doesn't work. The main issue here (for me anyway) is the chop on the water. The last one where there is very little water in shot is the best for me, but the colour in the sky is not strong enough. If you can it's definitely worth a return visit in calmer conditions. If you could get the boats and foliage colours reflected in flat water it would be beautiful. Also worth taking note of the direction of the sun at various times of day. See how it falls on the foliage, the boats, and how it affects the sky colour. The fence detracts a bit but that should be easy enough to clone out with care and practice. I don't know if this is near home for you, but the joy of having scenic locations close by is you can keep going back. You'll very quickly learn when it's worth stopping and when to jog on.

Sometimes the simple act of stopping and looking is good enough.

IMO, if something makes you stop and look, there is something there to be photographed. Sometimes at takes a while to see it, though.

Cheers.

Thanks for the replies and they pretty much hit the nail on the head.
In my "beginner eyes", I thought I saw "something", but when the camera was connected to the pc it had disappeared. :ROFLMAO:

Back