Continuous Shooting Mode

Edit My Images
No
My first DSLR arrived today, so im just playing with it :)

Its a Nikon D50, i have set it to continuous shooting mode but its taking a shot and then pausing. im a bit confused to why this is???

I don't know the D50 - have you set it to continuous focus mode 'C' ?

Its not how big the card is, its how fast it can write the images. It will probs say on the outside, something like 20 MB/s

Yes its set to C, Its only a 2gb card so maybe i need a bigger card.

It's not so much the size of the card as it is the write speed the card is capable of. What make of card is it or is it just a generic one? The sandisk extreme III is a good quality card and fairly cheap. See here to get one at a low cost but it may be worth checking other places too.

Note - I have no connection with 7dayshop.

What happens after the pause?

OK - 'C' is about continuous FOCUS not continuous shooting - can you set to SINGLE on the dial on the left? Like I said I don't know this camera. You may be shooting at too fast a speed for the card/camera to save the files.
You don't need a bigger card - you MIGHT need a faster card - don't know yet!

not sure on Nikons, but assume similar to Canon.

On Canon, you can set from oneshot, to alservo etc however this does not change the burst speed.

There is a separate function to change the burst rate - not sure if this might be the issue? If not feel free to ignore me!

Al

It's not so much the size of the card as it is the write speed the card is capable of. What make of card is it or is it just a generic one? The sandisk extreme III is a good quality card and fairly cheap. See here to get one at a low cost but it may be worth checking other places too.

Note - I have no connection with 7dayshop.

The card just says SD MLC Memory Card 2GB, i suspect it may be this. I have set the image quality to low but no change.

Point the camera at a bright light with the lens cover off and try it.

not sure on Nikons, but assume similar to Canon.

On Canon, you can set from oneshot, to alservo etc however this does not change the burst speed.

There is a separate function to change the burst rate - not sure if this might be the issue? If not feel free to ignore me!

Al

Any advice is helpful advice :)

Even the slowest cards don't take 3 secs to transfer

:D

Back