Cool Bananas

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes

Last edited:
Loved the poses especially after watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes. But the chimp seems a bit too dark for me and esp in #2 gets lost.

I've seen a video of postprocessing a gorilla and they did things like desaturate the background and brighten the gorilla's face so it stood out as the main focus. At the moment, the bright stuff catches my eye and the chimp gets lost.

Maybe I'm just talking b*****ks.

Loved the poses especially after watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes. But the chimp seems a bit too dark for me and esp in #2 gets lost.
I've seen a video of postprocessing a gorilla and they did things like desaturate the background and brighten the gorilla's face so it stood out as the main focus. At the moment, the bright stuff catches my eye and the chimp gets lost.
Maybe I'm just talking b*****ks.
Valid points and something that has been mentioned before. I think you are right about #2 being too dark, but I generally do like to keep the blacks, black. I used to mess about with desaturating colours and such, but they're just a bit of fun really :D
Cheers; you're certainly not talking b*****ks (y)

All pretty good Neil, but I do have to agree a tad on the darkside, plus the blacks are more navy blue :thinking:

Dark haired animals in shadow are dark! Personally, I would rather have slightly blocky blacks than big blown highlights.

Looks like they were enjoying their fruity popsicles.

All pretty good Neil, but I do have to agree a tad on the darkside, plus the blacks are more navy blue :thinking:
Cheers Ingrid (y)
Another reason I don't get carried away with trying to 'correct' shadows is that my PC isn't calibrated, so what looks good to me might be way off the mark on another monitor :D
Dark haired animals in shadow are dark! Personally, I would rather have slightly blocky blacks than big blown highlights.
Looks like they were enjoying their fruity popsicles.
Cheers Ethel (y) They did get a little excited from what we we heard before getting to them.

Agreed nice set Neil but a tad on the dark side.
Try over exposing slightly, (or even bang in the middle) then turning it down, rather than under exposing and trying to "turn it up" (y)

Last edited:
Cheers Chris (y)
I do sometimes overexpose like you say, but maybe I'm doing it when I shouldn't be :D
Anyway, here's a bit more light on them
:D

That's better Neil, particularly the last one :)
Hope you don't mind, but I upped the levels and gave it a sharpen,
There is a blue tint to the black fur in places.
But then Black will iridesce, (Sp?) Blue in strong sunlight :)

View attachment 16542

I decided to put a collage together from this visit for a friend and the prints have just come back, darker than I'd like, so have to concede that my monitor is further out than I'd realised :cool:
Oh well

I decided to put a collage together from this visit for a friend and the prints have just come back, darker than I'd like, so have to concede that my monitor is further out than I'd realised :cool:
Oh well
Well just turn up the brightness a bit then :p
TBH not all print companies seem to print "as is" anyway.
Well that's been my experience, so I tend to print my own stuff now.
And that seems to correspond to the screen image :)

I used DSCL this time after reading so many positive comments on here ... ordered Saturday, arrived today (y)

Back