Could this be a Buzzard?

Name
Christine
Edit My Images
Yes
I was at a friend's earlier and looking out the window spotted a couple of birds wheeling above the trees, by the time I got outside and got my camera out of the car they were almost out of sight and I just got chance for one (very poor, overexposed) shot but wonder if we have a couple of Buzzards in our area?

Is this good enough for an identification?

IMG_8228.jpg

On first look I immediately thought....over ripe peeled banana.;) Seriously though I think it's gonna be really hard to tell. Keep an eye out for them again, and gear at the ready.(y)

Looking at the markings i'd say it's a buzzard ok ;) These have made a remarkable comeback in recent years and i see one almost every day now .

It certainly has the shape and vague colouration of a Buzzard Christine (y) Hope you get some more chances at them.

I'd back up the two above, Certainly has the shave and general colouration of a Buzzard. (y)

Sure is Christine (y)
Can't be anything else with those markings / wing and tail shape combinations ;)

(waits patiently for the Kestrel / kite (red and black) / eagle / sparrow hawk / goshawk /
Hobby / merlin / peregrine (I think thats got it covered) contingent to sign in ;) )

Sure is Christine (y)
Can't be anything else with those markings / wing and tail shape combinations ;)

(waits patiently for the Kestrel / kite (red and black) / eagle / sparrow hawk / goshawk /
Hobby / merlin / peregrine (I think thats got it covered) contingent to sign in ;) )

You missed out pigeon Chris :LOL:

Thanks all, great to get confirmation and even better to know we have some in this area.

There were loads of jackdaws around and I happened to glance at them and left my hostess with a quick "those aren't jackdaws" and rushed outside. She is only about half a mile from me but we are surrounded by trees so don't have much of a view of the sky. They were big birds!

Oh come on you lot, it's obviously a lesser spotted flying big brown Jobby :p

Well we have LBJs :LOL:

I now know how to get multiple comments - post a duff picture, if I post a good one I get very few remarks :D

Only if you ask for an ID still at least there were no handbags at dawn
there usually is when asking for a BOP ID :D

Back