Couple of butterflies

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't profess to even know what type of butterflies these are, should these be in the macro forum? Not sure as they're not really macro shots but I quite liked them so thought I'd post them anyway.

Couple more shots from Amy and I's walk along the riverside walk at Ely today.

CC very welcomed, I don't profess to be a butterfly photographer and am fairly sure these will be considered to be average at best, so if I can learn to improve, then bonus :)

Both taken on a Nikon D7100 with 55-200 VR lens.

1/200 F5/6 ISO400

Butterfly
by Ian-Highlander, on Flickr

1/160 F5.6 ISO250

Butterfly
by Ian-Highlander, on Flickr

What ever they are they are beautiful and well captured. Id consider these closeup which is also what this forum is for.

Do think you could have done a tighter crop on both but that may just be me. Good captures as it seems very sunny and they normally only stay grounded briefly.

Thanks for sharing gotta go find some butterflies.

Top one is a Comma, bottom Speckled Wood. Nice captures, like the bottom one. They seem a bit bright to me, something that could be sorted in pp.

Top one is a Comma, bottom Speckled Wood. Nice captures, like the bottom one. They seem a bit bright to me, something that could be sorted in pp.
Thanks, labelled accordingly on Flickr now. I had pp'd these a bit as it is, but thought they were ok exposure wise, will have to re-look at it and tone it down a bit :)

Back