CPOP 2014

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I couldn't see an existing thread for any photos from this event back in June, though as I'm quite new here that might just be me. So I thought what better for a first thread than some photos from there. It's quite a local venue for me, so I try to visit every year. Any comments or critique most welcome.

1. Napier Bentley off the line

2. Hi Mum

3. Motorcycle

4. Jet

5. Nismo GTR (?)

(Sorry for the increasingly vague captions)

#2 The clear winner for me. Maybe slightly improved by cropping the stray hay at the bottom and maybe a shallower DOF would have given more impact to the subject? I do like it though.

You may wish to address the 2 Mahosive dust bunnies in #4.................. :-#

Thanks for the comments. In fairness I think #4 is after I cleaned it up a bit - I need to do some cleaning out as I'm getting this quite a lot despite cleaning the sensor and lenses. You can see on the first shot there's a dot in the middle of the sky, my PS cloning skills are not special (though it might be easier to learn that than keep the dust out). You're right about the straw at the bottom, I hadn't noticed that. DoF too - having played with panning for the impression of speed that's next on the list. I've got quite a few from the same location with yet more distracting people in that same position. I guess my concern is losing sharpness on the subject, but that's what practice is for.

And I forgot to note that CPOP is Cholmondeley Pageant of Power, a weekend event up here in Cheshire.

Last edited:
Back