Cracking a deal with Jessops - worth the drive?

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, I'm thinking about buying a Tamron 24-70 2.8 from Jessops with their interest free credit.
I miss read the deal on Camerabuster website thinking there was 5% off but that was only for DSLRs.

I completed the finance form and then realised it was still £799 so didn't finish the purchase.
I still want this lens.

Do you think it is worth driving to a store to see if I can squeeze some discount out of them or perhaps persuade them to throw some sweeteners in like a free kata case £30 or a 16gb 95mbps SD Card or 2?

Cheapest price on camerabuster is £769, cheapest grey is £548 (+£210 if I buy a 5 year warranty)

Can anyone with experience of Jessops help me out

They may offer a price match policy , but this would only be on genuine non online retailers prices I'd think .

Nope, not worth the drive.

The cheapest price on CPB is 769 - but out of stock.
Next cheapest is only by £12 and is Amazon - Jessops might match them if you are lucky but have not in the past.

Thanks guys, I'll call & see what they can do rather then waste fuel.
BTW is Jessops a Dixon Group company? Their offers are very similar and attitude appear the same

I can't be specific as their solicitors will fall on me heavily but that should be enough about their attitude ;)

Price Match?
Maybe someone can explain to me why would you go to Jessops or any other store to get an item at the same price that you can get at the store you are standing in?
What benifit is there in doing this?
The Canon or Nikon DSLR is made in the same country as the one in the other store and comes in the same kind of box.
If for example Jessops are selling the new Canon 5Z ultra lens with auto focus at 100 pounds and the store your in is selling it at 92 pounds and making a profit then are the price match store (in this case Jessops) charging to much in the first place?
Thanks
Russ

You might be able to get something thrown in, but I wouldn't hold your breath, the last couple of times I enquired, they didn't / wouldn't offer anything - you might be lucky :) they are giving you 0% if you need it though...

Cheapest price on camerabuster is £769, cheapest grey is £548

Why not grey... do they not honour the warranty or something? I always buy grey for canon lens as canon honour the warranty on lens bought anywhere... I ahve no idea re tamron?

Why not grey... do they not honour the warranty or something? I always buy grey for canon lens as canon honour the warranty on lens bought anywhere... I ahve no idea re tamron?

Tamron don't

To any warranty issues have to go back to country of origin

Price Match?
Maybe someone can explain to me why would you go to Jessops or any other store to get an item at the same price that you can get at the store you are standing in?
What benifit is there in doing this?

Russ, in my case because they offer 0% interest

Jessops would not move an inch on price and not offer any sweeteners. Now we all know there are healthy margins in these products, a £7 ball head could have earnt them some cash.

Don't Tamron offer the international warranty i.e buy in Honk Kong, send Hong Kong warranty to Honk Kong Tamron who return you a warranty for your country?
I'm sure all EU warranties must be accepted too but price solidarity (legally that's not the same as fixing) isn't worth the grief

I would buy from Panamoz though

I bought my 7d and 24-70L in store at Jessops a couple of years ago and didn't get any discount. I did get a voucher for hundreds of free prints but never used it.

There's a seller on Fleabay Starting with a K_-_- ! selling one for £575 UK based, but they coming in from HK

I had £970 cash to buy a nikon d300, went into jessops Reading and it was £975 they would'nt sell any lower. walked to currys and bought it for £970 this is why jessops went bust!!! i use wex now :) and yes you can get credit from them although i don't use it;)

You should be able to get 2% cashback through Quidco at Jessops on lenses as per the link below. That'll be almost £16 off (eventually!) and you'll still get the 0% as well as the full UK guarantee.

http://www.quidco.com/jessops/

After this much effort to spend money perhaps I'll go for 2nd hand Sigma on here.

UK Digital are on Quidco too offering 2% (same as Jessops) and they are cheaper but no 0%

I had £970 cash to buy a nikon d300, went into jessops Reading and it was £975 they would'nt sell any lower. walked to currys and bought it for £970 this is why jessops went bust!!! i use wex now :) and yes you can get credit from them although i don't use it;)
Looking for a small point and shoot went to Jessops, nearly bought one, tried Currys round the corner, same price but still had the bank holiday 10% discount on so I bought that,not for the first time, Jessops need to liven up.

quote from WEX From time to time we are able to offer Interest Free Credit on orders containing certain products.0% APR (representative) hth mike

Back