Crib Goch this morning 21/07

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
We set out for a sunrise from the summit of snowdon. Sadly low cloud masked out the sun. This was taken on the way down along the Pyg track.

A walk down from Snowdon by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

Just before I took the Crib Goch shot above

lliwedd jul 14 by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

That's it for now the last one, starting to fall asleep at the key board. Off to the garden for a snooze, the 03:00 start up is getting to me ;-)

lliweddcloud by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry Rory, I'm not keen on this one. Been on flickr to view large and can't make it work for me.
There seems to be a fair bit of noise in areas too.

Bit of dodging and burning required I think, there's a good picture in here somewhere, just doesn't look finished yet if that makes sense.

Your second image is really nice - good work. The light looks natural. Just try brining image 1 up a bit. I think thats all it needs.

I like those, both of them, 2nd I prefer though, simply because of the depth I'm feeling, just a shame I cant see it in a bigger resolution. The 1st one is a bit noisy but its still a cracking view. Just my 5 pence worth.

I can see where you were coming from with the first. I like the second but wondered about a square? Nice light and lines in the foreground to suit although possibly taken from slightly further right. Not a location I've done before but certainly the sort of pictures that make me want to visit.

The second shot is beautiful, i desperately need to get myself down to snowdon!

Rich

Great place to be for sunrise Rory, I know the shot well and if the mists are right then it is fantastic as Steve said earlier very hat to control too, lovely set #2 is my pick

Great shots, Rory, I thought number 2 was good until I saw the mono - brilliant, you just can't beat a good black & white landscape.

I just wish I could get up in the middle of the night early morning.

Last edited:
2 &3 a great IMO

1 I think you need to take a leaf out Kevins book to make it work and that is do not try and lift the shadows let them go

With that light - number two just zings into life after number one.

That said - I really like number one as it is.

I much prefer the colour version of No 2. Great light.

Back