Critique Cricket - First of the new season (Thornaby CC v Bishop Auckland CC)

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
My mate has changed teams this year, so no need to trek through to Saltburn anymore, just pop down the road to Thornaby instead :)

I have tried to put into action the good advice I received last year when I posted up my first cricket shots (ball in shot, avoid messy backgrounds, fill the frame, faces not backs…). Anyway, here's a few shots I took… all with my 55-250mm and cropped without hesitation! I would love to hear what you guys n gals think? I am thick skinned so go for it! (y)

TCC v BACC-0198.jpg
by Tony_Richardson, on Flickr

TCC v BACC-0166.jpg

TCC v BACC-0167.jpg

TCC v BACC-0171.jpg

TCC v BACC-0193.jpg

TCC v BACC-0089.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Thanks Rob, glad that someone took the time to leave a comment and that you like them (y)

These look good to me but I am no expert. Good exposure, timings all spot on and nice and shap. What's not to like :)

Cheers Woolly, gave up checking the thread for replies, but nice to hear that you like the shots - thanks for taking the time to leave a comment (y)

A nice set. You've taken the advice and applied it well. I can't claim go be an expert on cricket photography but these work well.

A nice sense of action and the game. I do like the arty farty one particularly!!!

@alan72 Thanks Alan, I really appreciate the feedback. The arty-farty one seems quite popular based on other comments I have received too. I am hoping to get out again soon to take some more, hopefully more close ups next time (y)

Nice, I took some photos at a charity cricket match yesterday with my 70-200 on a crop sensor and couldnt help but feel like I needed more of a zoom! Gonna edit a few today and I'm sure I will be cropping too. But was a first for me!

Back