Critique: Street Photo

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, I'm still a beginner so set your expectations low!

This was taken on Princes Street in Edinburgh. I quite like it but I would appreciate some opinions.

CSC_0060.jpg

I took it with an 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 at 200mm plus I've cropped it so it's not very sharp :meh: :indifferent:

Thanks, Lewis.

If you get closer you'll get a better shot, just pop some loose change in his pot and I'm sure he'll be happy to have his photo taken and you won't need a telephoto for it.

A good point well made. I was on the other side of the tramworks and at the time getting closer was easier said than done!

Interesting subject and well spotted. Like jake said it would have been better if you were closer but sometimes circumstances intervene. Although the space to the left helps with the composition the darkness of it detracts and I would be tempted to crop it out.

Steve

As above, this was taken through a gap in the fence as the road was shut off when the tram lines were being installed. I gave him some change about 4 hours later when I walked back along the opposite side of the road!

Agreed.. would have made a good shot taken in closer.. I'd have asked if he minded you taking a shot once you'd popped the change in his cup later.. lol

Back