Critique Crosby Beach Path

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
On a recent holiday to see the Gormley statues we included a short walk along the beach path adjacent to the beach with the statues. I took this picture with the intention of it being B&W but decided to try it in colour too - not something I have been doing so I want to keep/get my hand in.

6174-1406571537-0bf371ad5e3c661fb5b814f068f8e70f.jpg

We didn't actually get very far because there was a lot of sand blowing about - just about reflected in the sand over the path and the woman having here hand to her face.

One request for help please ..... I haven't done much colour work recently and I couldn't work out (in PSE 11) how to enhance the marks in the sand in line with the couple - ?any ideas? (+any constructive C&C welcomed as always)

Not a bad shot Chris. Although I do think it is a tad bright. Try reducing the brightness this should help the marks in the sand to stand out more, the bright sand is dominating the picture to me. I think compositionally your on the right lines here, although I think if you had moved back a couple of meters it would have helped a lot. Then the first post of the railings would have been on the, "rule of thirds" line in the shot, and also the couple would have had more space to there right and would not be so close to the edge of shot. I do like the way the railings lead the eye into the couple and draw your attention.

Thanks for the comments Steve

Yes - looking at it again it does seem a bit bright and ?maybe over-sharpened - as I indicated I am a bit out of touch with colour and need to get my eye in.

Thanks also for the suggestions on composition and how to get the sand better - all good stuff. The sand was very fine and didn't have much texture but I didn't/didn't know how to make the most of what there was

Back